Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pianist93
Punch Card
Views: 2,639
Message 1 of 58

Lenovo Yoga 910 screen graphical glitching/flickering after BIOS update

Hey!

Got myself a brand new Yoga 910 and installed the latest BIOS update to fix the fan noise issue: http://support.lenovo.com/se/sv/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-910-13ikb/downloads/d...

However, immediately after installing the update, the screen started having graphical glitching issues with artifacts flickering on the screen all the time. For example, if I'm on my desktop, I have the Trashcan and Spotify icon at the top of my desktop, and I will see "ghosts" of these icons flickering over the lower half of the screen. I tried updating the graphics driver to the latest version but it didn't help: http://support.lenovo.com/se/sv/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-910-13ikb/downloads/D...

The graphical artifacts that flicker on the screen seem to be based on what content I have on the screen currently.

The computer was fine when I got it. My exact process has been:

Getting the computer, everything is fine

Running Windows Update

Using the computer, everything is fine

Downloading and installing latest BIOS update

Noticing flickering which never was there before the BIOS update

Restarting computer

Installing Intel Driver

Restarting Computer

But it's still flickering all the time.

EDIT: The flickering disappears when I start a game like World of Warcraft or Open RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 (I tested both in windowed mode). When I guit RCT2 the flickering/glitching starts again.

Needless to say this makes the laptop unusable. Is there some way to revert to the factory BIOS?

90c4
Punch Card
Views: 2,545
Message 2 of 58

Re: Lenovo Yoga 910 screen graphical glitching/flickering after BIOS update

Try toggling hardware acceleration, perhaps?  But it shouldn't be doing that

pianist93
Punch Card
Views: 2,543
Message 3 of 58

How do I do that? Can I get the original BIOS somewhere? How can I check if it's a hardware fault or a software fault?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 2,530
Message 4 of 58

Is this with BIOS v34?
I'm at BIOS v32 (as delivered) and don't see this issue.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
X1C3 X1T3 X1T2 Helix1 X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p TPStack Yoga910 Yoga900S
TPYoga12 T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Yoga900 Yoga3Pro Yoga2Pro Yoga13

I am not a Lenovo employee

90c4
Punch Card
Views: 2,526
Message 5 of 58

Actually I'd try this patch - someone else complained about a similar issue and this was the solution until an updated driver is available http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/yoga-910-13ikb/downloads/D...
pianist93
Punch Card
Views: 2,512
Message 6 of 58

It's this BIOS that I linked in the OP, don't know if it's v32 or v34:

http://support.lenovo.com/se/sv/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-910-13ikb/downloads/d...

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 2,501
Message 7 of 58

@pianist93 wrote:

It's this BIOS that I linked in the OP, don't know if it's v32 or v34:

http://support.lenovo.com/se/sv/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-910-13ikb/downloads/d...

Sorry, I missed the reference in your OP.

Thanks for the data point. That's 34.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
X1C3 X1T3 X1T2 Helix1 X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p TPStack Yoga910 Yoga900S
TPYoga12 T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Yoga900 Yoga3Pro Yoga2Pro Yoga13

I am not a Lenovo employee

pianist93
Punch Card
Views: 2,498
Message 8 of 58

@90c4 wrote:
Actually I'd try this patch - someone else complained about a similar issue and this was the solution until an updated driver is available http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/yoga-910-13ikb/downloads/D...

I installed that patch and restarted the computer but the issue remains. When I've logged in the flickering starts, then I'll launch a program that renders stuff such as a game like Hearthstone, everything will be fine, even in windowed mode, but once I quit and just look at the desktop, or open a browser like firefox, the random flickering of "ghosts" of the top half of the screen at the bottom half returns.

GaryWa
Paper Tape
Views: 2,465
Message 9 of 58

i have same problem. i have the latest bios and it started after that day's updates. i installed the patch mentioned above with no success. i also updated the graphics driver ith no success. i disabled startup apps to see if any of those are involved -- no success.

pianist93
Punch Card
Views: 2,447
Message 10 of 58

If a Lenovo employee could post here and gives us a link to download the old BIOS to see if that helps, that would be great. My computer was manufactured at the end of september as far as I could tell.

I think I might also prefer the old BIOS settings for the fans in any case. Now it's an incessant whistling that never goes away because the fan now more often runs at lower speeds.

Top Kudoed Authors