Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-30-2019

United States of America

1 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga 920 Boot Error: Default Disk Missing

2019-09-30, 15:30 PM

Hello, 

I have some problems with my Lenovo Yoga 920. I bought this computer almost 2 years ago. Currently, my laptop refuses to start up, as it cannot detect my hard drive somehow. I have opened up the computer twice already to check my SSD placement, and it is sitting firmly within the socket, no screws loose or anything. I've also cleaned out all the dust, so I can't think what the problem may be. Sometimes when I shake the computer around it is able to start up again a few times, but even just leaving the computer sitting there, it can still just shut down sometimes without warning, and give me the same error again. The computer was not exposed to any damage, but it is outside of the warrenty period already. Any help on this matter would be appreciated. 

Thanks. 

Options

275 Posts

02-06-2017

United States of America

280 Signins

5895 Page Views

• Views: 5895
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 920 Boot Error: Default Disk Missing

2019-09-30, 18:02 PM

Hello zye and welcome the Lenovo forum,

It sounds like it could be the SSD is failing. So you should backup the drive to another now and I think about replacing current drive.

Options

5 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

10 Signins

147 Page Views

• Views: 147
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 920 Boot Error: Default Disk Missing

2019-11-12, 17:43 PM

I had a similar problem with my Yoga 920 also. It only lasted a year. I didn't have extended warranty so I took it to two computer repair companies and they both said it is the motherboard and it is a common problem with this model. Components are soldered on the motherboard and it has compatability issues with windows 10. I have been researching about this issue and found that lots of people compaining about this. They were selling this laptop for around $1500-$1800 and won't last more than 1 year. They are selling a product which is bad. You should file a compalint with FTC.GOV. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms