Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johndoe2
What's DOS?
Views: 130
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 920 Brightness Frequently Stops Working

HI there,

Looking for help with my Lenovo Yoga 920. The brightness control stopped working consistently. However, when I go and download & installed the drivers, the brightness control starts working again temporarily. Then after 1-2 shutdowns/sleeps, it stops working again and I have to reinstall the driver again. 

It's a continuous cycle of me having to reinstall the drivers to fix the brightness control. Not sure why the fix isn't consistent. Please help.
Thanks. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 96
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga 920 Brightness Frequently Stops Working

Hello johndoe2!

Welcome to the Community Forums!
Since the brightness issue is fixed by reinstalling the driver it is possible that you have a corrupted driver.
We recommend rolling back to the previous version. Follow these instructions below.

Method 1.

Open device manager.
Expand Display adapters.
Right-click the display driver and select properties.
Go to the Driver tab and select rollback driver.
Restart the machine.

If this does not work, please try the next steps

Method 2.
Open device manager.
Expand Display adapters.
Right-click the display driver and select uninstall
Tick the box for delete driver software.
Install the Latest driver from the website: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-920-13ikb/download...
Restart the machine.

Let us know if this works out. Thanks.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors