Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogerD2
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,129
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga 920 - FN for Function vs 'Hot' Key Switch Default, Lenovo Vantage

I read other posts and none specifically addressed this for the 920 and the use of what is actually a good Lenovo config tool seems to be poorly documented.   I would think it would be the same for any Yoga model with Windows 10 and Lenovo Vantage installed.   I can't seem to find a version for Vantage, so hopefully this works on all versions.   

1) Find and open Lenovo Vantage on your machine (use Cortana if needed).   This is the Responsive view and yours may look different...don't worry, options are the same.  Click on Hardware settings

ApplicationFrameHost_2018-04-26_19-54-17.png

2)  Click on Input (again, responsive view...whatever view you have should have this button labeled the same)

ApplicationFrameHost_2018-04-26_20-02-11.png

3)  This will open the Hardware Setting - Input UI.   Under 'Function Keys' click on the one that is labeled 'F1-F12' (should look like below, highlighted in blue) to make that the the Function the default setting for those keys...to further clarify: it will now be a FuncApplicationFrameHost_2018-04-26_20-12-30.pngtion Key (F1-F12) by default.   

With this change, you will press the FN+ one of the function key for the Hot Key option (e.g. FN+F1=mute/unmute, FN+F2=volume down, etc.)  

ApplicationFrameHost_2018-04-26_20-12-30.png

4)  Your change is already saved, so you can now X-out (click X in the upper right) of the pop-up windows created by that were created 

Gedi_B
What's DOS?
Views: 591
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 920 - FN for Function vs 'Hot' Key Switch Default, Lenovo Vantage

Hi, 

I am having a lot of issues with this software. The switch between hotkeys and function keys works well but often does not persist after I reboot my computer and reverts to another state. Having to set this every day is too inconvenient. Can this preference be set in a different way without using Lenovo Vantage? I can see that you kindly removed that option from BIOS to remove the problem of having a working alternative.

Regards,

Gediminas

Gedi_B
What's DOS?
Views: 469
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga 920 - FN for Function vs 'Hot' Key Switch Default, Lenovo Vantage

Unfortunately there is still no fix to this issue. The only suggestion from Lenovo's support was to do a complete reset of my computer... I don't think I'm crazy to expect a less drastic and time consuming fix to an issue that is so annoying and so trivial at the same time.

Regards,

Gediminas.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors