Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HGrande
Paper Tape
Views: 1,056
Message 71 of 157

Re: Lenovo Yoga 920 - No sound

Have a new X380 Yoga. And after a bios update (of some time after that) - no sound. tried everything with drivers etc. headpones etc No luck. 

jebranham
Paper Tape
Views: 1,010
Message 72 of 157

Well, Add me to the growing list....  (I am currently making a list of all of the issues i am having)  I bought this Yoga 920 in the end of  november, 2017.  It worked ok for about a month and then it started having issues, one by one.  I now think that this laptop was put together by satan and sent to me OR it was somehow possessed by a demon.  

First the Screen decided not to rotate.  Next the sound quit. Then when charging, it would get really hot (there is a Windows sticker that is on the bottom.... the heat made it actually slide across the bottom).  Then the bottom of the laptop, OMG this one is a fun one.... if you touch the bottom, the screen goes nuts, it types whatever it wants...  then it would randomly slow down, the processor seemd to get overloaded or something.  Then it would just turn off randomly... I would get up to do something and when i return.... OFF.  I learned to save everything, minute by minute. 

So i have contacted lenovo many times, they gave me a case number, they watched my screen go crazy (remote session) and they have been no help.  

Then last night happened.  The laptop just turned off while i was typing...  it quit charging and quit working.  Nothing. Dead as a doornail.  I went to bestbuy and called lenovo.  Only option is to ship it to them and see what is wrong.  Then send me a rebuilt one back.  $2000 and i get a rebuilt one.... after a few weeks.  My ssd hard drive has lots of info on it, client info.  Sure, send it to them.  When it DOES return, it could have a new hard drive.... SURE.  My clients info, yeah lets just hand it all over.  

So, I have talked to lenovo multiple times today and the Support People have been horrible to deal with.  No supervisor.  No other department to speak to.  NO LOCAL service center.  Best Buy refused to open it up and try to get it working.  

I have had enough for one day.  I have decided to take the rest of the day off, make a margarita and call Lenovo over and over.  I refuse to sit back and allow this mess to continue. 

ly3s
Paper Tape
Views: 981
Message 73 of 157

Dear all, 

After sending my Lenovo ( with sound speaker  issues) to à Lenovo repair center in Germany, it came back to me un fixed and with tiny specks of food on the Key board,also  gently scrapped on the side  plus the back computer screws werent completely screwed . When I turn it on : the sound is still  not working  and i was told by Lenovo that the Mother board was changed.

So my guesses here are that we're encountering à deep and known design flaw that they tey to cover up. So that they dont need to have to make a call back of their deficient design. And they just follow à costless process in the repair. 

Of course I sent back the computer to Lenovo for repair   hoping that they would just change it completely. If not, i'll go for a full refund.

With photos of past and présent state : scratch free at once and fully scrztched after repair.. ( be cautious to azrefully photography yours). 

What I'am planning to do :

-Opening up à petition reporting the issue. 

- publish the issue to all the reviews that were made on the Lenovo yoga 920. For the potential consumers to be fully aware of what they buy.

Any back up by your side will be helping ! 

gaschip
Blue Screen Again
Views: 959
Message 74 of 157

People at LENOVO? Hello? We are waiting to hear from YOU!!!

PurpleCrumpets
Paper Tape
Views: 894
Message 75 of 157

Just received my laptop back from repair in Canada with the motherboard replaced and I believe the speakers as well. Apppeared to work fine for a grand total of a day before the speakers stop working again. My speakers just crackle and pop constantly and the reading from latencymon software is once again in the red.

If anyone out there has finally found a solution please, please share as I'm loosing my patience with all the problems I've been having. Not sure if it's possible but at this point I just want my money back

MarkYHZ
Fanfold Paper
Views: 826
Message 76 of 157

I just encounter the exact same problem! Sound works everywhere except for the JBL Speaker... I can also confirm that this isn't a driver/software issue since I booted into Ubuntu and still no luck with sound through JBL... I guess I have to return it...
ML18
Paper Tape
Views: 793
Message 77 of 157

I too have been experiencing this same issue, among others. I purchased my 920 in January and by February I had to send it in beccause the motherboard had failed and it was no longer charging. I had to fight with Lenovo for at least a week because they were quoting me a 14 business day turn-around, if and only if, they had the parts in stock, which they had already told me they didn't. Eventally they agreed to expedite it and ended up shipping me a new, not refurb or anything else-Brand New, machine about 3 days after recieving my original machine. Now in May I started having the popping/static noise coming from my speakers which devolved into no sound at all. The headphone jack and bluetooth audio works perfectly but the speakers are AWOL. I already had to send this $2000+ machine in once within 2 months of ownership but a second time is nuts. I Bought this machine because of Lenovo's percieved quality and customer service but at this point I am not convinced. I am almost to the point of demanding a refund. 

I have tried reinstalling the audio drivers, disableing other drivers that may be causing interference, updating the Bios, reinstalling windows, all to no avail. I would be ok with sending this back in to be fixed/replaced except I need it every day because I have to take tests and quizzes from my computer on software keyed to this machine.

I am shocked that there are 8 pages on this thread and Lenovo doesn't seem to be doing anything about it.

dionissios
Fanfold Paper
Views: 757
Message 78 of 157

guys!  it may sound silly (because I bought a Miix 720 currently in depot service for keyboard functionality issues )but I am in the market again for a 2 in 1 and all of the professional reviews point me to this laptop.  I decided to read the support forums and of course I found this thread and now I am thinking twice.  So is this issue persistent with their November laptops or are new buyers still experiencing the same issue? Lenovo make great laptops but when they fail, they fail hard!

What a disheartening thread I was quite set on buying this laptop...stay away or go for it?

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

ly3s
Paper Tape
Views: 722
Message 79 of 157

hello dionissios

My personal experience with this computer makes me strongly advise against anyone buying one. This is largely due to the after-sales service provided by lénovo and their total lack of reactivity. I have an overall impression of dishonesty towards this brand. Others produce equivalent computers, it remains to study if they suffer from design defects or not.
2 months without my laptops and no still no feedback from lenovo.

bests, 

Lyes

Highlighted
dionissios
Fanfold Paper
Views: 709
Message 80 of 157

Thanks Lyes I am inclined to agree with you.

I had a similar experience with Lenovo as I own a Miix 720, a great alternative to the surface until the detachable keyboard stopped working https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-based-Tablets/Miix-720-Keyboard-no-longer-works-photos-included...

I think Lenovo computers could be great but when they fail, they fail hard.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors