Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gaschip
Blue Screen Again
Views: 889
Message 81 of 158

Re: Lenovo Yoga 920 - No sound

Seems like LENOVO is having just One problem: NO CUSTOMER SERVICE

Nobody from Lenovo is going to show up and say something?

JWilz
Core Memory
Views: 847
Message 82 of 158

Add me to the list of people with complete loss of speaker audio.  This is after 6 weeks with the computer.  Smiley Sad

LeCanotier
Paper Tape
Views: 794
Message 83 of 158

Following up on my previous posts, I finally decided to get my Yoga 920 serviced through Geek Squad. I explained to them that the motherboard would likely need to be replaced, as that was the common fix for this sound issue. They shipped the laptop off for service and it came back to weeks later; they had replaced the motherboard but there was still no sound. They again shipped it off for service and again replaced the motherboard. When it came back I was thrilled to find the sound was working! I spent a few hours setting up the computer from a fresh install. However, I eventually realized the computer wasn't detecting the battery because Geek Sqaud had neglected to reconnect it to the motherboard. I took it back to Best Buy and they reconnected the battery on the spot. Before I left I did a final check to verify the speakers were still working. By the time I got home they were broken again. 

Some notes: the system restarted for Windows updates many times while the battery was disconnected. Each time there was a loud pop from the speakers when the unit powered on. The speakers didn't die until the second boot after the battery was reconnected. This might suggest voltage spikes / power instabilites / gremlins blowing something to do with the speakers at startup. 

This is my third motherboard with dead sound. At this point I'll be taking my paper trail of Geek Squad repairs to Lenovo and requesting a refund.

EDIT: I should note that the speakers still worked after all Windows updates were installed with the battery disconnected. I also restarted the device multiple times in the course of diagnosing the battery issue; the speakers still worked. Some people might be dealing with driver problems, but I believe I and many others are facing hardware problems.

Highlighted
dionissios
Fanfold Paper
Views: 766
Message 84 of 158

After reading all of the issues with the computer, from failed motherboards, no sound, and near non-existant technical support, I won't buy the Yoga.  Sorry Lenovo but I'm not sorry.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 757
Message 85 of 158

Not that it matters to anyone reading through this thread, but I have a 920 that exhibits none of these issues. In fact, I've tried a few things, such as uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, uninstalling windows updates and the like, to try to make it fail so I could figure out what's plagueing the users in this thread.  I'll grant you that I don't put a lot on the 920. Browsers, word processing, video players and that's about it. My 910 is my workhorse. The 920's for fun. It's also my kitchen assistant. Recipes up in tent mode while tossing questions to Cortana.  Sound is fine. WiFi is fine. External monitor works fine. HOWEVER.. if that changes, I'll letcha know.

Just had to toss my own experiences in here. I came to Lenovo from Dell for pretty much the same reasons.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
JTJ5039
Fanfold Paper
Views: 747
Message 86 of 158

Doctordon - I don't put anything on my Yoga, either. However, this started when I went through a Windows Update, which I believe somehow rewrote the Drivers pathway for sound.

I have a Drivers folder on my D: drive, and I have a driver and a DRIVERS folder on my C: drive. The D: drive folder hasn't been touched since factory settings. So I'm pretty sure this is it but don't know how to untangle it.

Thanks!

gaschip
Blue Screen Again
Views: 739
Message 87 of 158

Same problem here, Windows Update at night, and No Sound anymore in the morning

And still waiting for someone from Lenovo to show up in this forum

Kiaorabro
Paper Tape
Views: 651
Message 88 of 158

I am following this thread, I have exactly the same issue with the same laptop and have tried all the same fixes, I use Bluetooth headphones that work well. So it can't be the jack switch thing
Kiaorabro
Paper Tape
Views: 651
Message 89 of 158

I bought mine in January in Australia, exactly the same issues
Kiaorabro
Paper Tape
Views: 650
Message 90 of 158

By the way I factory reset my machine - I hate doing that, but it made no difference, the linux idea is good.. will read on and see if anyone has tried it

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors