Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kiaorabro
Paper Tape
Views: 1,149
Message 91 of 157

Re: Lenovo Yoga 920 - No sound

I love this laptop, I have had a string of issues though, mostly driver related. This sound thing is really annoying though. I cannot believe their support people behave like it is the first time they have heard of it. I find that hard to believe
Kiaorabro
Paper Tape
Views: 1,145
Message 92 of 157

Ok so all my replies are here, I am going to copy this thread into my support request and see if they can assist me, I use this laptop for work - I cannot do without it. Maybe I should have got the ASUS or HP
Hasanity
What's DOS?
Views: 998
Message 93 of 157

Update in this case.

This machine has been sent to repair center for 3 times. The last one took about 1 and half month to repair it with a great fixing operation named "factory the system" and claim the problem solved, which is a totally lie. I got my laptop right now and just turn it on and no suprising, it has no sound at all. I already call them for a refund. Anyway even it is exotic laptop with a multiple functions, it just annoying me for too long. It stays in repair center even longer than in my home... I hope you guys really need to control the quality of your device, don't ruin your reputations.

moviquity
Paper Tape
Views: 951
Message 94 of 157

Hi, I have also a Yoga 920 with same problem, sound plays well with the earphones through the jack, but not with the internal loudspeakers. No sound on them whatever I have tried to do with drivers and SW.

Has anyone got an answer to this common problem of many users?

Thanks in advance jose Manuel

Highlighted
ly3s
Paper Tape
Views: 922
Message 95 of 157

Dear all, 

Here is a bit of follow up on my case: 

Same problem as all : speakers not working, jack working within a month after buying date. 

Sent the Pc 2 times for fixing to lenovo, cameback 2 times without any fixing done, yet the motherboard was replaced.

3 months after the issue began, i called the commercials  for a full refund, which they did one month after. 

Since it is a common issue, it must be a flaw on their design, somebody should take the word out and they should do a proper consummer service for this issue. 

I wont buy Lenovo anymore, i got my self a Dell, i wont advise lenovo to anyone :  my first yoga broke while folding, and it had touch screen issues, The second one didnt even last 1 month. 

Good luck to you guys ! 

FerasA
What's DOS?
Views: 864
Message 96 of 157

I am having the exact same problems.

My brand new yoga 920 sound is not working

and my old yoga 2 screen was flickering changed it twice, and it's still not working.

This is extremely disappointing.

[Edited per forum guidelines.]

FerasA
What's DOS?
Views: 862
Message 97 of 157

nope everyone is having the same problem. And no reply from Lenovo.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 857
Message 98 of 157

Not everyone. In fact, I kinda hope mine will fail so I can help figure out the cause. Or sit down with one of you and see what's different.. if there's a piece of software or something common to those with the issue that I don't have. My 920 has virtually nothing installed on it. I even took out McAfee. It's mostly a media-playing device. So, I'm going to notice if the speakers give me issues, which they haven't. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
ML18
Paper Tape
Views: 835
Message 99 of 157

They mean everyone posting here. Obviously there is an issue, but it also does not seem to affect all of the 920's. I'm willing to bet its either the speakers causing a motherboard failure, or its another Apple-esque flex issue, where the machines being used under a certain set of conditions flex and cause motherboard failure. That being said I suspect the affected motherboards are defective for one reason or another and its not an issue with all of them. Kind of the old story of not buying a car that was built on Friday or Monday. 

dohcstunr
Blue Screen Again
Views: 776
Message 100 of 157

I have a 920 (131KB Glass), i7-855, 4k, 16GB, 500GB  Starwars New Hope glass back model. 

I have the same issue.  I've tried all of the suggestions in this 10 page thread to no avail.

One symptom I'm having(that I haven't seen mentioned in this thread) is that when I'm trying to play sound, i can put my ear right against the speaker on the bottom of the laptop and occasionally hear a faint garbled sound.

I've only had this latop for about 5 months.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors