Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevin-Mc2
Paper Tape
Views: 1,258
Message 31 of 158

Re: Lenovo Yoga 920 - No sound

No idea.  I thought it might be a Windows update but on both occasions it was impossible to pinpoint a cause.  I've had so many conversations with the Lenovo technical team and we end up with them suggesting a factory reset when they've run out of other options such as reinstalling drivers, checking all the right boxes are ticked etc.  Nothing has worked.

andresflg
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,253
Message 32 of 158

Yeah, they sent me a flash drive to do a factory reset because they couldn't activate Windows after they replaced the motherboard. Windows was activated afterwards, but the sound didn't come back. I really don't understand what is going on. Factory reset doesn't work, new motherboards temporarily fix the problem, even a live version of Ubuntu doesn't play sound. Although, I'm a bit skeptical about the last one. I’ve seen sound/wifi/Bluetooth issues while running Ubuntu before, and are usually driver-related due to poor compatibility. I can’t say if this is hardware or software anymore.

JTJ5039
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,250
Message 33 of 158

I've noticed driver updates are not downloaded/installed with consistency. Some download to D and some to C and there are folders like Drivers, DRIVERS, drivers on both drives.

I know nothing about how windows operates or how hardware compatibility works, but it seems like the hardware is working fine and the drivers are not called correctly or else are "misplaced". If a Windows Update is calling on some driver that is not placed appropriately (especially when sound driver is "rolled back"), it seems like an issue could be that Lenovo's updates are not placing drivers in a place where Windows expects them to be.
Kevin-Mc2
Paper Tape
Views: 1,248
Message 34 of 158

You're not alone.  I feel like we've hit a bit of  brick wall and even if they do manage to fix it I fully expect it to break again after a month or so!  It's a real shame because I really like everything else about the laptop.

JTJ5039
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,244
Message 35 of 158

I just cannot justify not being without my primary laptop for even 1 week so I really don't know what I'm going to do here. Hopefully someone at Lenovo decides to work on this.
Kevin-Mc2
Paper Tape
Views: 1,242
Message 36 of 158

Agreed.  Let's hope they are reading this thread because it doesn't appear to be just me and you who have this problem!

andresflg
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,231
Message 37 of 158

Lenovo released a new BIOS update on March 13th. I just installed it on my laptop, but still no sound. In case you guys want to give it a try.

robertvwarren
Paper Tape
Views: 1,230
Message 38 of 158

Just checking in to say that I am having the same issue.  I don't know when or what triggered it, but I frequently close the screen and travel with the Yoga so perhaps that was it.  Headphones still work fine.  Disabling / uninstalling / reinstalling drivers does not solve the issue on my end.

LENOVO, tell us what to do!

JTJ5039
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,213
Message 39 of 158

Just came across this gem in the forum:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-920-quality-control-problems/td-p/388...

It seems the "swap out your Yoga" is a common "fix". Hopefully Lenovo gets on this one or figures something out.
Kevin-Mc2
Paper Tape
Views: 1,206
Message 40 of 158

Oh dear, not exactly encouraging!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors