Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dindzi
Punch Card
Views: 1,102
Message 151 of 156

Re: Lenovo Yoga 920 - No sound

Hey, "lilmanmgf", how long did your Yoga 920 work properly before the sound issues occurred? In my case it was about ten months.

gaschip
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,046
Message 152 of 156

Hey Lenovo, how you doing?

After waiting for almost 4 weeks to get my repaired Lenovo Yoga 920 back, ive been testing it for 2 days and sound failed AGAIN

This is the third time that im gonna have to change or repair this computer and i dont have more time for this game weve been playing for like a year

Im gonna ask for a refund and see how it goes

lilmanmgf
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,033
Message 153 of 156

About 11 months before the sound died. A helpful customer care manager named Greg contacted me after I reached out to Lenovo via twitter. They are sending me a Yoga C930 as a replacement.
harme
Paper Tape
Views: 581
Message 154 of 156

I bought my yoga 920 in Nowember 2017 and met this problem in the beginning of 2019. I have tried a few of solution that I found from forums. But none of them works. I have sound from headphone but the speakers don't work. I use hardware test of Lenovo but it cannot detect any problem. It seems everything works properly.
Cyrcle
Paper Tape
Views: 316
Message 155 of 156

I was able to fix the issue on my computer. Please read to the end of this message to see if this post will help your situation, too.

First of all, I think there are two scenarios on this thread.

1) Customers losing the sound in the speakers, and then the headphone jack. (Sounds like a hardware issue.)
2) Customers losing the sound in both the speakers and headphone jack at the same time. (Might be a software issue)

I am in scenario#2 and lost sound in both the speakers and the headphone jack at the same time, which I believe is a software issue. I have a Lenovo model YOGA 920-13iKB. I think that a Windows audio troubleshooter I ran when trying to switch from a "headphone+mic" cable to a simple "mic" cable in the audio jack may have overwritten the Lenovo's Realtek High Definition Audio (SST) driver with an Intel High Definition Audio driver. My sound was gone for over a week. I also had error messages referring to the "Windows Audio" and the "Windows Audio End Point Builder".

I tried to uninstall and even delete both the RealTek and Intel audio drivers entirely, and install the most updated Realtek driver for the YOGA 920-13iKB from the Lenovo support site (6.0.1.8445 SST 9.21.0.3273 released on 28 Jun 2018). However, the Intel driver info was still listed in the System Summary (msinfo32). 

I contacted Lenovo support and they emailed me a shipping slip to ship the laptop back for repair. However, I was not looking forward to being without my laptop for several weeks, so I continued looking for solutions. I contacted Microsoft support. After trying a bunch of things I had already tried, the tech suggested restoring to a point before the problem started occuring, over 1 week ago. The restore was not smooth, but it did fix the problem.

1) On Windows 10: Start\Run\rstrui.exe and select a date before the sound disappeared.

2) Run the Restore. (Mine took an hour.)

3) After the Restore was complete, I received error 0xc000021a and the system would not boot into Windows. (I found out later that it was probably because the LenovoUtilityUWP certificate was invalid.)

I fixed that second problem via the following steps. (Although the directions are different, this video tutorial from minute 1:38 or this webpage tutorial give good images of the following prompts you will see.)

4) After reboot select Troubleshoot\Advanced Options\Start Up Settings\<Restart>

5) Choose "Option 7: Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" 

6) After booting into Windows, I received an error message about the LenovoUtilityUWP.

(Note: Even when I ran "sigverif.exe", the LenovoUtilityUWP was not detected as being unsigned.)

7) You can disable the LenovoUtilityUWP in "Startup" or uninstall LenovoUtilityUWP in "Add & Remove Programs".

8) You may have to reboot one more time, but the sound should now work. :-)

aberg54321
Paper Tape
Views: 139
Message 156 of 156

I am having the SAME issue as well and I do not want to replace my motherboard.  I am willing to buy ne speakers but It is weird they went out at the same time.  I have tried every driver fix/steps posted thus far and nothing.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors