Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,138
Message 11 of 156

Re: Lenovo Yoga 920 - No sound

Well I have always been leaning towards a Windows problem, because with three MB's being replaced, and the speakers too, there simply is not much else that can go wrong hardware wise since the headphone/combo jack is part of the MB, and the speakers each plug directly into the MB separately.     

My feeling is that this has to be some Windows driver/configuration issue, because the sound works via the headphones, ruling out sound card and its drivers, and with 3 MBs replaced, I doubt the combo jack speaker cut-off sensor is the culprit either.

Best of luck,

Lipp2112
What's DOS?
Views: 2,109
Message 12 of 156

I am having this EXACT same issue. Please provide an update if you've had any success. This is driving me nuts. Thanks.

andresflg
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,106
Message 13 of 156

I’m sorry to hear you are going through this issue as well. It’s really annoying. I haven't fix the issue yet. I've tried everything posted here so far, and nothing worked.

Out of curiosity, when did you buy yours? Mine was bought around middle of November, just a month after launch date. I wonder if this might be an issue with their first batch.

After all the failed attempts to repair the laptop, I asked Lenovo to escalate my case, and a case manager is taking care of it now. They offered to replace my laptop for a different machine with similar specs because they don’t have any Yoga 920 with the same specs as mine available right now. I decided to wait a bit longer because I really like the 920, hopefully they will re-stock soon.

Lipp2112
What's DOS?
Views: 2,102
Message 14 of 156

I bought mine right around the same time, within weeks of launch. I am in the same boat...Love the laptop as is except the sound issue. Keep in touch on what you hear. Thanks!

laurealis
Paper Tape
Views: 2,088
Message 15 of 156

Just chiming in to say I've run into this exact same issue as well. It's driving me crazy but thankfully I have an external speaker. I bought mine from a windows store last November. Lenovo what's wrong with our machines?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,062
Message 16 of 156

@laurealis wrote:

Just chiming in to say I've run into this exact same issue as well. It's driving me crazy but thankfully I have an external speaker. I bought mine from a windows store last November. Lenovo what's wrong with our machines?

Could always rule out a Windows issue by booting off of a thumb drive with Ubutnu on it or some other Linux flavor. If the speakers work then, it's definitely Windows.  But, before doing that, make sure you've already tried updating chipset drivers and BIOS. Also, make sure you've tried uninstalling Realtek HD Audio in Device Manager under "Sound, video and game controllers." (Windows will catch that and reinstall it on the next boot).

Might also be worthwhile to see if there's a program that's made changes.  I do a lot of audio work, so I have Adobe Audition on my computers. When I'm recording, it overrides Windows. I have to remember to set it back when I'm done.  

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
andresflg
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,059
Message 17 of 156

I just tried a live version of Ubuntu 16.04 LTS from a flash drive. I only have a 'Dummy Output' in the sound settings, and when I click on 'Test Sound' and then 'Test' in each speaker, there is no sound. Considering that the motherboard in my laptop has been changed three times, and the speakers once, any ideas of what could be causing the issue?

Ken90
What's DOS?
Views: 2,048
Message 18 of 156

I have the same problem as well. Do assist soon. I got my Lenovo 920 in Early December as well.
JTJ5039
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,033
Message 19 of 156

I have the same issue.

My machine was purchased at Best Buy in December of 2017. No sound since at least January. Worked for a time, then nothing.

Lenovo Support today suggested I send the machine in to get the hardware replaced, but I hesitate to do that if others are having the same problem, have taken the same steps, and are not finding any help.

Additionally, my Yoga began just a few weeks ago to not wake up from sleep. Anyone else having that issue? The machine itself wakes up but the screen does not, so net effect is that I must hold the power button, lose all my work, and start over.

Best,

JJ

LeCanotier
Paper Tape
Views: 2,005
Message 20 of 156

Same issue here. Bought mine within a month of release directly from Lenovo. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors