Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgarora9
What's DOS?
Views: 1,312
Message 21 of 156

Re: Lenovo Yoga 920 - No sound

Have same issue. Laptop speakers worked for a month or two and now no longer work. Not sure what changed. Can someone please advise on how to fix?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,294
Message 22 of 156

Don't know what to tell you. The 920 I have works just fine. I've TRIED to make the audio fail and have routinely tested waking it, sleeping it.. everything I can think of to help you. Maybe if I loaded the same software as some of you..?  I dunno. It's pretty stripped down. I don't have anything beyond browsers, VLC and word processing loaded on it. No issues and I can't replicate any of yours. I apologize. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
LeCanotier
Paper Tape
Views: 1,275
Message 23 of 156

This may have been a coincidence, but the first time I noticed the speakers weren't working was shortly after connecting bluetooth headphones to my 920 for the first time. This was a few months into having it; speakers worked fine until around that time.

JTJ5039
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,259
Message 24 of 156

Interesting - I tried and failed to connect my Bluetooth headphones to mine. I can't recall if that was before or after my sound issues.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,258
Message 25 of 156

If that's the commonality, then it would at least be minimally worthwhile to uninstall the Bluetooth adapter in Device Manager and let Windows reinstall it on the next reboot. Some of these BT headphones come with their own software, too. Might be worthwhile uninstalling that, as well. At least for a test. I don't use BT headphones with anything other than my phone. Prefer wired. FWIW, I have NO BT devices connected to my 920. My 910 is a different story Smiley Happy

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
JTJ5039
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,257
Message 26 of 156

Hey Doctordon - I think mine started up after updating drivers. However, even with the drivers rolled back, it does not return. I have a sneaking suspicion the audio issues are actually not due to hardware but due to conflicting audio activities/processes running at once or else the updates aren't going to the appropriate directory. For example, it looks like default audio drivers are stored in LENOVO (DSmiley Happy but new are installed to Windows (CSmiley Happy, and something in the process is misdirecting the audio. I obviously don't know enough about how PCs work to know exactly how to express it, but if I had to guess I'd say most peoples' audio drivers got updated or they updated them and then their sound went.

Every time Lenovo directs them to rollback, it's not rolling back correctly or else is referencing elsewhere, and then Lenovo is recommending new hardware.

For example, on startup there are 3 duplicate processes running for Realtek. Could that be driving some of this?
Kevin-Mc2
Paper Tape
Views: 1,236
Message 27 of 156

Just wanted to say that I've had exactly the same issue with two different Yoga 920s. First one purchased last Nov and replaced just before Christmas because of the speaker issue. The second one has just been sent back to Lenovo for repair. Sounds very much like it has soething to do with earlier machines.

JTJ5039
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,227
Message 28 of 156

How long did it take your Yoga round-trip to go, get repaired, and get back to you? I use mine for work and school and it would be a hassle to convert everything back to an earlier machine.
Kevin-Mc2
Paper Tape
Views: 1,222
Message 29 of 156

With the first one, they just replaced it with a new laptop - this took about a week to arrive.  I've only just sent off the second one - it was collected today - and they have said it will be back in 2 or 3 weeks.  A real pain.

andresflg
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,216
Message 30 of 156

Do you guys know what triggered the issue in yours machine?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors