Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andresflg
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,138
Message 41 of 156

Re: Lenovo Yoga 920 - No sound

Lenovo has sent 8 units to one of the guys, really?! That is crazy!

My case manager said they can't send a new unit because they are not in stock last time we spoke. I just checked the website and it is in stock now, but I'm afraid of running into these quality issues now.

andresflg
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,085
Message 42 of 156

Lenovo sent me a new machine on Tuesday, and after a long wait updating Windows (from 1703 to 1709) and stuff, everything seems to work fine. I closed the lid last night, opened it this morning, and sound still works. I've plugged in headphones without issues. No frame/flatness issues as mentioned in the other post with this machine (or the original), so that's a relief. Note that I've updated everything but the BIOS. I'm running version 5NCN28WW.

JTJ5039
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,064
Message 43 of 156

Thanks for the update. Did they indicate what work they did? Was it just swapping out the hardware? Still no sound on my machine and still can't be without it for school and work purposes.
Lipp2112
What's DOS?
Views: 1,052
Message 44 of 156

Did you just go through customer service to arrange the replacement? Did you ship your original 920 back before they sent a new One? Thanks. 

andresflg
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,047
Message 45 of 156

After the third unsuccessful repair, I called customer service again and when they suggested a motherboard replacement again, I asked them to escalate my case. A case manager contacted me a few days after to go into the details. They sent me a new 920, and a label to send mine back. I have both laptops right now, but sending the old 920 back in the following days.

PurpleCrumpets
Paper Tape
Views: 999
Message 46 of 156

So I have a similar problem but rather than playing any sound, the speakers just 'pop' constantly (almost like a machine gun). Adding to the other problems including palm rejection when using a pen I've just about had it with my yoga. I kept hoping both issues were driver isssues (judging by everyone's responses here it isn't) and so I've missed my 30 day return period.

I really can't face having to send it in, only to receive another broken yoga so does anyone know if it's possible to request a full refund at this point? 

JTJ5039
Fanfold Paper
Views: 952
Message 47 of 156

I don't think they'll do a refund. It sounds like the only solution (and I use that term loosely as it's not proven to work) is to send the thing in.
andresflg
Fanfold Paper
Views: 947
Message 48 of 156

I've been using the replacement unit Lenovo sent me for a week now. Everything works fine: no sound issue, no frame issues (referring to the other post), or any other issues so far. During calls with my case manager, a refund option was mentioned, but I didn't ask for details.

Lipp2112
What's DOS?
Views: 930
Message 49 of 156

Do you have an ID # for your case manager? Would be helpful to deal with someone who is familiar with the issue so I'm not starting at step one.

andresflg
Fanfold Paper
Views: 926
Message 50 of 156

I'm not sure if I am allowed to disclose his contact information. Also, I would say that if you don't have a repair history for your machine, it might be unlikely for you to get a replacement. However, you know that other people have had this issue before (I didn't know as I was going through), so it might be worth a try.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors