Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBW-Yoga920
Paper Tape
Views: 1,424
Message 61 of 170

Re: Lenovo Yoga 920 - No sound

I'll add my name to the list.  Exact same issue as described throughout this thread.  I have tried many of the troubleshooting steps outlined with no luck.  I will be calling Lenovo today to start the repair/replacement process.

Very disappointing Lenovo.  Depending on the results after I talk with support, I'll be hoping for a refund, so I can spend my money elsewhere.

Edit:  Talked to tech support, I refused to go through the myriad of troubleshooting steps suggested (I’ve done most of them already) and I said it's most likely a hardware problem.  A few mins on hold and I have a ticket number and will be sending the laptop away for repair.  

ly3s
Paper Tape
Views: 1,359
Message 62 of 170

Hello Guys, 

I'm adding my name on the list: 

Bought my shiny 920 starwars edition out of lenovo Website, and well, it's been two month now, and i'm having exactly the same issue you all reported: 

There is no sound coming out of the JBL integrated speakers.

I can now rememember that it slowly fade away being more and more "crispy" and streched at every login, and now its completly off.  I only heard it on login cause im mostly working in a library.

Nothing advised on the forum thread worked :that beeing deleting and reinstaling drivers, rebooting, hard rebooting, troubleshooting help, mixer issues, unactivating intel drivers. 

Yet the head phone works, bluetooth headphone aswell. 

I cant stress enough how unhappy i am with that issue.  I contacted Lenovo support. Hopefully they will fix it ASAP, . The product is supposed to be high end ! 

Also i thank you all for your help, advises and feedback. 

i'll keep you on track for what's next. 

gaschip
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,305
Message 63 of 170

Hello everyone, bought this Lenovo 920 in November and im having the same issue after a Windows 10 Update on wednesday night.

Everything was working perfect until then but the next morning, no sound on the speakers and only sound when plugging the earphones.

I tried the "Test" button on Realtek HD Audio (SST) settings and it looks like everything is okey since its showing the sound green bars.

Maybe it has something to do with Windows 10 updating stuff?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,284
Message 64 of 170

Just out of curiosity, if you right-click on Start, select Device Manager, and expand the Sound, Video and Game controllers section, do you have a a device called "Intel(R) Display Audio"?    If so, if you right click on it and select "Disable Device" does it have any effect?

Also, what happens if you revert to the default Windows 10 "High definition audio device" driver?

How to switch the default Windows High definition audio device driver

• Right-click on Start
  • Select Device Manager
  • Expand the "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" section
  • Right click on the Realtek HD Audio device and select Update Driver
  • Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
  • Select "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my system"
  • Select "High definition audio device" and click next

If that driver works, then it would point to a Realtek driver issue that will have to be addressed in a later Realtek driver release.

Best of luck,

ly3s
Paper Tape
Views: 1,240
Message 65 of 170

thank you for your advices, even if they are already given higher in the forum.
On the other hand I find your logic a little strange: the test that you indicate does not eclipse in any way the possibility of a hardware defect, on the contrary it would tend to confirm it. The easiest way to check if it is a driver problem is to make a factory reset, which will restore the initial configuration and remove any possibility of driver problems. It didn't work in my case, so the computer will go into repair.

Thanks for your help though ! 

subinkim
Paper Tape
Views: 1,203
Message 66 of 170

Update for my case:

My repair center in Seoul first replaced speakers but it didn't help. And they set to replace the motherboard two days ago and I just got a call from the center now the issue has gone. Too good to be true XD

I'll let you guys posted after I get my Yoga 920 back.

Hasanity
What's DOS?
Views: 1,146
Message 67 of 170

It is nice to find this thread.. Exactly the same issue! Brought it after Thanksgiving and everything works fine at first few months and I love this machine. However, the speaker failed around April and tried everything I found online, no work. Finally sent it back to Bestbuy and they mailed it to lenovo for motherboard replacement. Just received the repaired machine 10 days ago, everything is smooth and fine, sounds are clear and loud, so far so good, suddently, 10 min ago this problem happended again after the machine wake up from sleep mode. I guess according to the thread, I need to get a new machine to avoid this problem, otherwise, replacement of motherboard will never solve this problem. There is definitely a design issue in the earlier machine. Hope this will help the people who are looking into this machine.

ulu1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,047
Message 68 of 170

I am having this exact same issue as well. I can't wait to get to the end of the thread to see if someone has solved it!

ulu1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,041
Message 69 of 170

Tried both of those. It was unsuccessful.

Running out of hope for success on this thread....Man Sad

ulu1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,038
Message 70 of 170

Well, I tried all of the suggestions in this thread appart from returning the laptop. I would prefer not do that.

Lenovo can you get off your butt and give us a progress note on what you are doing to try and fix this problem. It does not seem to be rare.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors