Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WSS_SE
Paper Tape
Views: 33,445
Message 1 of 12

Lenovo Yoga 920 Screen Flickering

I am having this issue on a computer i just turned on for the first time today after buying it yesterday. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SIHJYWsFCI

Others have this issue so what is being done to fix this?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 33,370
Message 2 of 12

Re: Lenovo Yoga 920 Screen Flickering

Pretty sure that's a loose cable. If I were you, I'd send that back in with a thumb drive showing this video.  Just got a 920, myself, and it does not exhibit that issue.  This is out-of-the-box without installing anything?  

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
WSS_SE
Paper Tape
Views: 33,367
Message 3 of 12

yes, turned it on - i saw a lot of this problem on the web then thankfully found the video. i would just bring back to best buy. unfortunately, on the comments of the video someone said they exchanged it and the same thing with a new one Smiley Sad

Geist76
Paper Tape
Views: 33,305
Message 4 of 12

I am having the same issue.  Bought this at Best Buy on tuesday and it had some flicker right out of the box.  I thought maybe the updates would fix it.  I had my IT guy look at it and he tried re-installing the display drivers.  That didn't work.  Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.  That didn't work either. Nothing has worked.  I just got it all set up the way I want it and now I don't know what to do.    I was hoping I would find an easy fix on here, but it doesn't look like it so far.  At this point, when it starts flickering it is unusable. Not sure if I should take it back to Best Buy or contact Lenovo directly.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 33,302
Message 5 of 12

Does the flicker happen if you just go directly into the Bios screens, without loading Windows? If so, it's the computer. If it only happens after Windows loads, then it's probably a driver issue.

I'm on a 920 that's completely up-to-date with no flicker. Got it last week, but not from Best Buy.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Geist76
Paper Tape
Views: 33,292
Message 6 of 12

I just tried the Bios startup and did not see any flicker.  as soon as I got out of bios and booted up, it started flickering again.  Has anyone had any luck with drivers?  Also, just got off of phone with lenovo support.  they weren't much help.  told me to take it back to Best Buy.  I would like to find a fix, simply for the fact that I have spent the last few days getting it configured how I want it.  

DaleRoss
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 33,284
Message 7 of 12

I've gone through four 92013IKB's. I've never seen this. My first thought is video driver. You should make certain you've updated to the latest on everything. If that doesn't fix it, then I'd send it back as you have a connection problem between the base and the screen most likely. This is my driver version: 23.20.16.4849

WSS_SE
Paper Tape
Views: 33,264
Message 8 of 12

I followed some instructions or removing the video driver completely then downloading the latest one and installing it - didn't help. I'll try the bios thing - but going back to best buy tomorrow

Highlighted
Geist76
Paper Tape
Views: 33,222
Message 9 of 12

that is what version I have. Is there another driver option. just trying everything before I go through replacing this unit and the time waste it will entail. I tried an updated intel 620 driver but it wouldn't take. Lenovo has their own driver apparently.
CrimsonAsh
What's DOS?
Views: 32,889
Message 10 of 12

I rarely sign in and post. But heck for the culture and comunnity here goes.

I am a yoga 920 owner like all of you guys. Experienced thru the flickering nightmare, the embarrassment from colleagues, getting ridiculed for choosing lenovo instead of surface and spectre.

I persevered and didn't return to the shop like everybody else.

Voila here goes i got an email from lenovo premium care for the remedy/solution and it works guys

Before you guys start any of these, make sure threes at least 30% battery left and plugged in at all times.

1st step update VGA Intel & Firmware Type C from the following link https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/YOGA-SERIES/YOGA-920-13IKB-GLASS/80...

2nd step https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/YOGA-SERIES/YOGA-920-13IKB-GLASS/80...

Last and final step https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/YOGA-SERIES/YOGA-920-13IKB-GLASS/80...

Oh and make sure to run driver 5ncn38ww.exe as Adminstrator Install the driver, dont run any other programs or activities and shut the laptop down during the process .

Good luck guys i hope it works

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors