Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asaduser
Paper Tape
Views: 179
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Yoga 920 - slow processor

I believe i got this laptop in 2018 and i have  had lots and lots of issues with it. Ever since i got it it was sooo slow and i knew something was wrong in the hardware. For example: my brightness buttons weren't responding at all.. see im no tech person but there was something DEFINITELY wrong with this laptop. So i decided to ship it back to lenovo and they did fix the problem of the brightness thingy. The only thing left now to be fixed is how slooooww this laptop is. You see the normal Lenovo Yoga 920 should have a core speed of i believe about 3000 for each core ( there are 4 cores in this laptop) however, when i downloaded speccy to check my speed i found that my core speed was 399 FOR EACH CORE  which is NOTHING. i feel stupid for spending 2k dollars on this device. So please if anyone has the same issue and managed to fix it please reply. Smiley Happy 

really appreciated,

thanks in advance

beatwin
Punch Card
Views: 102
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Yoga 920 - slow processor

I suspect a problem with the BIOS version.
I had similar under-clocking issues with the bios updates on the Yoga 530 14ARR.

Check with the old version of the bios.

any form of knowledge eventually becomes self-knowledge
Asaduser
Paper Tape
Views: 61
Message 3 of 4

i'm sorry, i'm kind of a noobie in these tech stuff. Is there any way you can list the steps to do for me please?

Thank you in advance

Asaduser
Paper Tape
Views: 59
Message 4 of 4

My BIOS is up-to-date. i have seen people with the same problem but they only returned their laptops to lenovo to get fixed and i just ran out of warrenty smh.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors