Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lgoku7144
Paper Tape
Views: 1,201
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga 920 won't wake up from sleep

My Yoga 920 is around 6 months old and this issue started about 1-2 months ago. Every time the laptop goes to sleep it won't wake up. The only way to get it awake is to force restart it by holding down the power button. The trackpad won't wake it up, the keyboard won't an extrenal mouse won't, nothing will. The BIOS is updated and I have no other updates that deal with power (as far as I can tell) left to download. I have no idea what to do. This issue is very annoying as I have to restart everything any time I put my computer to sleep.

d6fdpk4dk7ka
What's DOS?
Views: 1,053
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga 920 won't wake up from sleep

I have this problem too and it is annoying. However I found something that works quite reliably. Although I'm not sure if it matters, I've disabled connected standby (i.e. editing the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnabled to set it to 0). So whenever I know I'm not going to use the computer, I put it in sleep mode via the power button. When I do that and I press the keyboard to wake up the computer, I rarely have a problem.

Note that I had to prevent most spurious wakeup events from waking up the computer (i.e. going through each USB device and the various tasks that might wake up the computer).

It would be nice to figure out what it causing this. This is the only thing preventing me from telling friends/family to get this laptop.

Thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors