Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

02-27-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Yoga 9i 14" Battery Drain when Fully Shutdown or in Hibernation

2021-02-28, 0:05 AM

I just got my Lenovo Yoga 9i 14 inch 2 weeks ago and I have noticed that every night before I sleep (around 6%-8% over 7-8 hours of shutdown). I have already stopped sync, disabled Windows fast startup, disabled Always On USB, changed background apps to "Never" run in background, put my fan and battery on battery saving mode, and I even disabled any special lock screen features such as weather updates or auto background changes. I fully charge it to 100% and then I shutdown the computer.After around 7-8 hours, when I turn it back on, I lost like 8% and only have 92% battery left (computer was shutdown all night)! I contacted Lenovo support and they told me to put it in hibernate mode instead. I then charged my laptop up to 100%, put it in hibernation mode and 2 days later it only has 94% left. Is anyone also having the same issue? Please help!!! Thank you!

Options

4870 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

374 Signins

36062 Page Views

• Views: 36062
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Lenovo Yoga 9i 14" Battery Drain when Fully Shutdown or in Hibernation

2021-03-01, 14:08 PM

@ bing1994 wrote:

I just got my Lenovo Yoga 9i 14 inch 2 weeks ago and I have noticed that every night before I sleep (around 6%-8% over 7-8 hours of shutdown). I have already stopped sync, disabled Windows fast startup, disabled Always On USB, changed background apps to "Never" run in background, put my fan and battery on battery saving mode, and I even disabled any special lock screen features such as weather updates or auto background changes. I fully charge it to 100% and then I shutdown the computer.After around 7-8 hours, when I turn it back on, I lost like 8% and only have 92% battery left (computer was shutdown all night)! I contacted Lenovo support and they told me to put it in hibernate mode instead. I then charged my laptop up to 100%, put it in hibernation mode and 2 days later it only has 94% left. Is anyone also having the same issue? Please help!!! Thank you!

Welcome to the Community Forums @bing1994!

Great to have you here!

Can you provide us your Yoga 9's MTM (machine type-model) number for us to check its specifications?

For the meantime, you may check on this previous post to see some steps that other users have done who's also experiencing this issue.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

3 Posts

02-27-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2021-03-02, 21:40 PM

Hello,

My product number is 82BG000DUS, Bios version EHCN37WW. I have already contacted over 5 Lenovo support person and they have also done remote checks on my laptop but didn't find any solutions to this.

Options

3 Posts

02-27-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 24
  • Message 4 of 7

2021-03-02, 21:53 PM

I have similar battery concerns since upgrading my Lenovo Y530 late last year to firmware version 7QCN44WW

Options

1 Posts

07-23-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 5 of 7

2021-07-23, 23:32 PM

Hello could you find any solution to problem yet? I have bought an open box yoga 9i 16 GB 512 GB leather top 4K and is facing unstable battery which by showing 1 hour 29 minutes remaining at 79% charge drops at 39% within an hour and shows remain 4 hours 32 minutes. Battery health is appearing as “ Good” while having only 28 Charge cycles.  Should I return or there is any fix for that?

Options

6 Posts

07-12-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 6 of 7

2021-07-24, 2:11 AM

Not sure if your computer has this feature but my c740 14 has something called "onekeybattery" allows you to check the battery level while the machine is fully shut down.  You can find out if yours has it by shutting it down fully and pressing any key on the keyboard.  A battery icon with the percentage of the battery's charge will appear on the screen.  If yours has this feature that's probably what's causing your battery drain.  I know I was having exactly the same battery drain problem with my machine before I shut it off.  To fix it you have to shut your machine down and hold the f2 button down while booting it.  This should take you directly to the bios settings screen.  Go to configurations and scroll to the bottom. You should see "onekeybattery" somewhere there.  Disable it and exit saving changes and this should solve your problem.  Hope this helps.

Options

3 Posts

02-27-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2021-08-27, 5:36 AM

Thank you for your reply. I was able to get into the BIOS but I cannot find the onekeybattery option anywhere. My laptop still has the problem.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms