Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

09-04-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 21 of 37

Re:Lenovo Yoga 9i keeps freezing

2021-09-05, 14:16 PM

Did purchase from Best Buy.

Also just updated my post. A Lenovo chat rep provided a few update notes that I installed. This patch seemed to work much better. I have not had the issue since yesterday. Tested byrunning larger operations requiring the GPU.

Options

5 Posts

09-13-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 22 of 37

2021-09-13, 14:43 PM

Hey All:

Seems like another 16GB 14" 9i from BestBuy has the issue.  Sounds like most of you who stuck it out have had this issue addressed.  Would you kindly detail what these two "notes" were from support?  I tried to find them but couldn't.  I will call support today but would like to be able to state more clearly what I want.

At random the computer seems to become completely unresponsive.  It's almost as if the computer is working but nothing displays.  More often, it goes into sleep mode and won't come out.  I do a hard reboot.  To me, the strangest thing is here is how it reboots like nothing happened.  Everything is still open like it simply came out of sleep except I most certainly did a hard reboot; none of that safemode, slow boot, etc.

Another thing I noticed is that the area above the F5-F9 keys became disconcertingly hot after I did the BIOS update.  Almost painful to the touch and it took a long time to dissipate the heat.

Options

4 Posts

06-11-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 23 of 37

2021-09-13, 16:22 PM

**Update**

Lenovo sent a new motherboard to local tech. Tech replaced old motherboard with new motherboard. There were a few issues with getting the branding set up as the computer was essentially factory reset with the motherboard swap. Branding has recently been completed and since then the computer has not froze. Based on the limited information I would guess all of the motherboards on these computers with the same issues are faulty. The BIOS update never helped my computer fyi.

I hope this repair ensures the computer performs in the long run because I think it has a lot of potential to be solid.

Options

5 Posts

09-13-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 24 of 37

2021-09-13, 17:31 PM

I just had my VCard driver updated.  I'm willing to see where that goes.

My background is probably important.  Before I entered my current career, I fixed PC's in HS and College (not geek squad; corporate clients).  I stopped right after XP came out, but continued for friends and family up until a few years ago.  While software has changed drastically, hardware is almost identical.  I have strong doubts that the MoBo is bad on these.

I'm willing to take a wait and see approach on the video card driver because we're all describing an issue that the shoe fits.  Especially the finer details of my personal experience.  Changing the MoBo could simulate a repair because often a change triggers windows to do a full update on the drivers, even if the part is identical.

Options

10 Posts

08-16-2021

United States of America

12 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 25 of 37

2021-09-13, 18:12 PM

It is not a vCard driver problem. I updated every driver included this. I also factor reset windows and installed a new windows OS. Same issue. I mailed my laptop to Lenovo and hopefully will get a working device w a new motherboard.  

Options

10 Posts

08-16-2021

United States of America

12 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 26 of 37

2021-09-14, 23:17 PM

Well, Lenovo has great customer service.  The laptop issue was annoying but they overnighted a return box with overnight shipping.  They fixed my laptop presumably with a new motherboard and now it works perfectly.  Presumably, a local tech would have been another option but the tech that helped me with my old Lenovo laptop was worthless so glad I just sent it to Lenovo Depot in Houston. My verdict is I love this laptop and glad I kept it. Glad its working and glad Lenovo took care of me. 

Options

3320 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

261 Signins

16770 Page Views

• Views: 16770
  • Message 27 of 37

2021-09-15, 0:05 AM

Sounds great!

We appreciate for sharing it here @THERP  
Take care.

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

09-13-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 28 of 37

2021-09-15, 0:09 AM

Gonna confirm; it’s not the video card, not any of the mobo drivers, and not the bios.  Humbled to be wrong.

Not very happy with Lenovo service.  The second person tried to get me to install nvidea drivers onto the iris card.  Also had me download diagnostic software from some sketch places.

Heading to bestbuy in a bit.  

Options

1 Posts

09-15-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 29 of 37

2021-09-15, 0:44 AM

I also bought a Lenovo Yoga 9i about two weeks ago and have the same issue, about 5-7 minutes after booting the screen freezes. I tried updating drivers using Lenovo's software but it didn't seem to work.

Options

10 Posts

08-16-2021

United States of America

12 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 30 of 37

2021-09-15, 1:10 AM

Don't bother w bios and software updates. It won't fix ur problem if you're on this page. Return it to best buy for a new one or better yet, call premium lenovo customer service to get a free new motherboard and soldered ram replacement.  You can either have a tech come to ur place w new parts or overnight ur laptop free of charge and get it (in less than a week in my case) back quickly. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)