Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

22 Posts

09-13-2021

United States of America

19 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 31 of 139

Re:Lenovo Yoga 9i keeps freezing

2021-09-15, 6:07 AM

Well, did a Best Buy swap out.  That wasn’t fun cause I bought mine open box.  Huge suspicion now it was returned for this reason.  I digress, they gave me a hell of a time swapping because of its open box status…not my problem.

Anyway, manager told me to go to a different Best Buy (with another OB), I asked to speak to him (was told to go to the store I was standing in), while waiting some dude stole a bunch of laptops and in frustration the manager said to “just give him the new laptop.”

Anyway, really hoping the new computer is problem free cause that’s a pretty awesome story and it deserves to end with a working computer.

Options

14 Posts

08-16-2021

United States of America

17 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 32 of 139

2021-09-16, 22:15 PM

I spoke too soon. The laptop I received back from the Houston depot place is having exact same issues. I am so frustrated that these problems continue. I have no idea what they  I've been unable to utilize this computer for several weeks I'm a weeks.  I take back what I said before and recommend you just avoid this laptop altogether. Return it if you get the chance.

Options

4272 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

333 Signins

21220 Page Views

• Views: 21220
  • Message 33 of 139

2021-09-21, 17:26 PM

Hello,

For new system, it may always be expected that during initial set up without a network connection would work ok as intended.
Soon as linked to the server, some applications and device drivers maybe asking for leading updates that at times may cause some processes to have a hard time on sequencing which ones that should go first so working the updates noting the date offering can help providing prerequisites.

If there would be anything that seems unusual from initial set up then diagnostics is recommended.

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

09-04-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 34 of 139

2021-09-21, 23:14 PM

After 2 laptops (both from Best Buy), several attempts to fix (a couple of patch notes, rolling back to a previous version, and turning off updating - this bring tremendous security risks I do not recommend it). I am still having the issue. 

Lenovo is proving incapable of supporting this issue and only offering refurbished versions despite it being less than 2 weeks old. 

Lenovo is proving they are not looking to appropriate take accountability for what is either a bad batch or product defect. 

Either way, Lenovo customer support has given me more than enough reasons to return this and walk away from the company all together. Do not buy a Lenovo yoga 9i. 

Options

22 Posts

09-13-2021

United States of America

19 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 35 of 139

2021-09-21, 23:18 PM

Go to power profiles and set the balanced profile to defaults.  Change nothing.  Not a tiny thing.  Fingers crossed over here; it’s been a few days.

Options

14 Posts

08-16-2021

United States of America

17 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 36 of 139

2021-09-21, 23:23 PM

I whole heartedly agree. I've spend countless hours w "premium" customer service with someone from India who keep telling me nonsense. This is a terrible laptop and will never again buy lenovo again after the terrible experience (over a month of wasted time w this useless laptop). My laptop has been serviced twice and is still defective.  No idea what has or has not been to it. Avoid or Return!

Options

4 Posts

06-11-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 37 of 139

2021-09-22, 1:32 AM

Based on my experience with the issues associated with the laptop along with the run around Idiocracy with customer service I would not recommend purchasing a Lenovo. 

I will say that since the replacement of motherboard I have not had the same issues. 

PS Lenovo: please for the sake of sanity stop suggesting people update the BIOS it does nothing. I think Lenovo knows there is a issue with the motherboards and are hesitant to make that public knowledge for recalls and refunds. 

Options

7 Posts

05-20-2020

Canada

8 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 38 of 139

2021-09-25, 14:46 PM

2021-08-13, 18:46 PM

The same exact thing has been happening to me. I originally purchased this laptop at the beginning of this month. Straight out of the box it began freezing and not responding with Ctrl+Alt+Delete. Mouse was frozen, the only thing to do was force shut down with the power button and restart. It happened once every five minutes even though all I was doing was looking at things in file explorer or in my email inbox. I attempted to troubleshoot, downloading all windows updates and the recommended BIOS updates but nothing was helping. I ended up returning the laptop for a replacement at Best Buy.

The second laptop seemed promising. No freezing for an entire week while I installed all my software, accounts, etc. no problem. Then today, it froze again out of nowhere. Installed the windows updates and the optional Lenovo update to see if that helped. Alas, an hour or two later it froze again. This time, I again have installed the recommended BIOS update onto this machine. It's been about 20 minutes since that install, so we'll see if it continues to freeze. If it happens again, I will be returning this machine and buying a different one. 

After all the great reviews on this laptop, I don't understand why this keeps happening. It's not very reassuring seeing as this laptop is less than a month old. I have never had so many issues with a new machine. Very disappointed thus far. 

Reply:

The same thing with me. Had to exchange my Lenovo C940 15 twice before the REP suggested updating it with Yoga 9i. Once received/installed... crashes after crashes, freezing constantly. I will never buy Lenovo again.  So far, I have spent 18 months fixing this computer (these computers), not enjoying it (them) at all. This company is doomed to disappear due to incredibly poor technical support. Don't even think about buying their 'warranty': waste of money.

One more thing: after numeral calls to Tech Support (with this ONLY response, no matter what) was 'We will send a technician". Now, all technicians requested by Lenovo refuse to come over. Lenovo has absolutely no respect for their clients. Despicable company.

Options

4272 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

333 Signins

21220 Page Views

• Views: 21220
  • Message 39 of 139

2021-10-06, 0:09 AM

Sorry for such experience.

We do hope that with the machine’s warranty, further investigations on the said symptom can be done further on controlled environment.

Reaching out to the service team would allow them to check further on this.

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

19 Posts

09-22-2021

United States of America

10 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 40 of 139

2021-10-07, 20:38 PM

Hey guys, if anyone is still concerned with this issue:

I had the same problem with my Yoga 9i, I had Windows 10 Pro which I installed from scratch and my laptop was randomly freezing every 5 to 10 minutes. I reached out to the support, they did bunch of stuff like clearing caches, updating BIOS and such and nothing helped. I had everything clear and up to date and it was still freezing. Since I bought this laptop for school I had to use it somehow (don't have anything else at home). I've read online that there is a problem with Lenovo's conflicting drivers with latest Windows updates. I started to delete Graphics Driver every time I reboot laptop and that solved an issue of freezing, so I could USE my laptop, however that meant performance suffered (lower res and lags).

I was asking support to send a technician to replace motherboard, but before I received a reply I decided to update to Windows 11 through Insider Program. And it's been a week and I haven't had a single freeze! I am happy that I can finally fully use my laptop but at the same time I have few concerns.

1. Doesn't this mask some kind of global and important issue with the motherboard?

2. Should I ask for a motherboard replacement anyways?

Please, let me know your thought about that, what actions should I take now?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms