Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knorris908
Paper Tape
Views: 362
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga A12 Charges SLOWLY With Any USB C Hub

Since I have had my Yoga A12, I have tried multiple "PD" (Power Delivery) capable hubs from many brands including the popular

Satechi Slim Aluminum Type-C Multi-Port Adapter with USB-C Charging Port, 4K HDMI, USB 3.0

to no avail.  I even just bought Lenovo's OWN USB-C HUB C109, but the passthrough power never goes above 400-588mA* charge rates.  If I remove the hub and charge straight from the charger, I get 1100-1200+ easily.  What am I missing?  My A12's part number on the bottom is ZA1Y0034US Manf Date: 2017-01-08.

Thank you in advance for any help that is offered.

knorris908
Paper Tape
Views: 303
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga A12 Charges SLOWLY With Any USB C Hub

Almost 3 weeks and absolutely no comments? I'd understand if there was documentation that states that the unit isn't supposed to accept USB hubs, as then I'd say shame on me for not doing my homework, but I'd think that someone from Lenovo moderating community at least would comment. "This feature isn't supported in the A12." or something to that effect...
mitchd123
Paper Tape
Views: 171
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga A12 Charges SLOWLY With Any USB C Hub

I just stumbled across this post because of problems with my USB-C hub and my Yoga A12.   A potential troubleshooting step would be to disconnect the Yoga,  but use another port on the hub to see if you can charge a different device.  This would determine if the hub was the limiting factor, or if it was the A12.  It may be the port on the hub. 

As far as charging,  mine does show the lighting bolt when it's charging.  The hub claims support for charging.   I don't know how to measure the power throughput.   The problem is, the DotStone hub won't work, if the charger is plugged in.    The A12 will not boot with charger plugged into the hub, and the hub plugged into the A12.   It will not recognize any storage, keyboard or mouse devices when the charger is plugged in.  The hub will work fine if it's used as a passive device without the charger plugged in.   Hope this helps.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors