cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zzjon
Punch Card
Views: 361
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga Book Windows New Unit Not Factory Wiped?

Hey, I just got my Lenovo Yoga Book with Windows 10 today, brand new. When I first booted the machine up there was no new user startup, it automatically logged me in to the "Administrator" account. The desktop has some generic wallpaper with bright red Chinese text one it, with programs on the desktop like WoaProc.exe, rework.cmd, Server_RunInPad.exe, shutdown.cmd, and TelephonyTool_Eng_V1.1.exe. There is also another user account, "WWTE." Upon researching this myself it seems that I have a test unit that Lenovo forgot to wipe. Is it okay for me to continue using? Should I just use it as is? Do I wipe the unit and reinstall Windows (btw, the unit itself has no recovery drive). Should I return it for a new unit? This is the first time something like this has happened to me, so any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Jon

SeniorGuru
Views: 333
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga Book Windows New Unit Not Factory Wiped?

@zzjon wrote:

Upon researching this myself it seems that I have a test unit that Lenovo forgot to wipe. Is it okay for me to continue using? Should I just use it as is? 

Or perhaps a system that didn't properly finish final testing and imaging.

Do I wipe the unit and reinstall Windows (btw, the unit itself has no recovery drive). Should I return it for a new unit? This is the first time something like this has happened to me, so any help would be appreciated. 

Since it's unclear what happened I'd return the system rather than try to recover it on your own. If the system ended up in this state due to a hardware issue then reinstalling Windows is unlikely to resolve that issue. There may also be other subtle issues like a serial number that's invalid or not properly registered in Lenovo's system.

In any case, call Lenovo to report the conditon in which you received this system. They should be interested in following up on how a new system escaped from the factory in such condition.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors