Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

03-21-2021

Netherlands

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga C-940-14IIL slow, Intel Optane & System tasks have extreme CPU and Memory usage (25-50%)

2021-03-21, 7:51 AM

(I turn to this community because the extended maximum service warranty that I purchased is of no help, since my attempts to reach the Lenovo Customer Service by phone and by submitting a service ticket failed (phone not available until Monday, ticket submission returned error message 400 - unable to create ticket) - apologies for the frustration.)

I have used this device for a bit over a year now, but have a recurring issue with the speed of this highly specced machine that I chose to have lightning speed performance when doing office type tasks:

Even when no significant load is on the machine (f.e. only MS Word open, or only Edge browser, or only Teams open) the machine at times gets very very slow (almost freezes), and typing (for example) gets a 2-5 second delay per letter typed before it is displayed.

This happens frequently (multiple times per day, sometimes multiple times per hour) but irregularly, usually lasts between 20 seconds and a minutes. During these periods, the machine is rendered useless, and nothing helps but waiting for the performance to come back. Any programmes launched as the system is keeping itself busy will take minutes to start up. I have arrived minutes too late for Teams meetings just because the Laptop was too busy with ?whatever? to launch the programme...

When I check the Task Monitor during these "freezes" to see what's going on, I usually see the Intel Optane process and System Interrupts or System tasks taking up between 25-50% of CPU power, usually also a big chunk (up to 50%) of the 16GB memory, and a very high power consumption. When the system operates normally, System task is <2%, and the Intel Optane Process is 0% of CPU.

I had this issue of extreme performance drops before just a few months after I bought the laptop, and fixed it (I thought) by removing the Lenovo Service Bridge which is known to cause extreme strain on the performance when doing its background scans and sending the info to Lenovo, but the problem of very slow performance is back since a few weeks...

Has anybody got a clue what could be the cause of this issue, and what could be done about it? 

Thanks, Daniel

Options

27 Posts

11-15-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

60 Signins

415 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 415
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Lenovo Yoga C-940-14IIL slow, Intel Optane & System tasks have extreme CPU and Memory usage (25-50%)

2021-03-21, 9:08 AM

Check any background update is on than it make system slow. Remove unnecessary software from startup. Scam with antivirus.

notebookrepairs.blogspot.com . I am not an employee of Lenovo. I am not associated with Lenovo. My answers are my personal opinion.
Options

170 Posts

04-26-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

150 Signins

1035 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 1035
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Lenovo Yoga C-940-14IIL slow, Intel Optane & System tasks have extreme CPU and Memory usage (25-50%)

2021-03-21, 18:31 PM

The C940 is terrible out of the box, you need to do a lot of babysitting to get it cool and fast.

Plenty of info out there on how to do it but it's not a 5 minute job.

You need to uninstall all the Lenovo carp, shut down services and change registry settings. 

My one runs very sweet now, in fact it's actually really good but it's an effort getting there.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms