US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga C740 nonstop running fans

2020-01-26, 21:49 PM

Hi,

i bought yoga c740 16gb i7 and everything was perfect and i enjoyed everything until now. Few days back i noticed that fans are always running and i mean always (even when i am in bios). Temperature during idle is around 40 C, so i do not think they have much to cool down. Quiet mode, intelligent mode - nothing helps. 

I am very disappointed because this is very luxurious laptop for me and currently is much louder like my old 200€ acer.

Do you have any ideas how to fix this or is it hardware issue?

Options

733 Posts

08-02-2018

US

411 Signins

10354 Page Views

• Views: 10354
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga C740 nonstop running fans

2020-01-27, 15:45 PM

Hi ,

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Could you try booting into safe mode and observe the Fan? We also suggest turning off battery saving mode and disable intelligent cooling in Lenovo Vantage. 

In addition, could you send us an audio/video so we could assess how loud the fan is with the BIOS and Windows version? 

Thanks!

Auxen

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

0 Posts

01-26-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga C740 nonstop running fans

2020-01-27, 17:09 PM

I am not saying it is loud, but it is always on. But today i took laptop outside in freezing winter and fans stopped when temperature went below 39 C, but this is not going to happen in normal conditions. In safe mode fans were quiet in the beginning but after i opened something started running and did not stopped. They will stop only if i leave pc for 10 minutes + but they will start as soon as i open chrome or anything else. Battery saving mode is off and i have quiet and cold setting enabled (it makes no difference - intelligent/performance/quiet). 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save