Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simarillion
What's DOS?
Views: 1,717
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Yoga C930-13IKB Wifi problems

Hello,

I've problems with the Wifi card. From time to time the wifi card is not recognized correctly and it gets the yellow 
exclamation mark in the device manager and says the device could not be started. I tried the latest driver of Lenovo website and the latest of Intel website. Same problem. If it hppens I have to reinstall the driver and reboot multiple times and plug in and out the power (I didn't find a proper way to fix it) and suddenly it is working again for some days. I suppose Energy saving/hibernating problems but I'm not sure. I'm just afraid that my new device is having a hardware defect ;-(

Does anyone else have similar issues?

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,683
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Yoga C930-13IKB Wifi problems

First, run Lenovo Vantage to make sure everything is up-to-date.. drivers, BIOS, everything. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
121Jiggawatts
Paper Tape
Views: 1,322
Message 3 of 6

I had the same exact problem after buying my Yoga C930 2 days ago. I fixed it by going to intel's support page and using their support assistant:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

that particular utility was able to scan and update the correct wireless drivers. which was somehow MISSED by both the Windows Update AND the Lenovo Vantage Update utilities. and it's from Intel, so it's not some third-party garbage.

it was a super annoying issue with an easy fix. hope this helps someone.

Siggygym
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,123
Message 4 of 6

Just bought this laptop and having same issues, every time it’s put on sleep mode for a while when I open up can’t connect to WiFi, same problem. Tried repairing the network and worked but this morning said I didn’t have a network drive??? Rebooted and was fine again... not a good experience especially since I’ve just only bought it....! Will try with updating drivers from intel website but Lenovo should be doing something about this as I’ve seen lots of threads around this issue.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,108
Message 5 of 6

@Siggygym wrote:

Just bought this laptop and having same issues, every time it’s put on sleep mode for a while when I open up can’t connect to WiFi, same problem. Tried repairing the network and worked but this morning said I didn’t have a network drive??? Rebooted and was fine again... not a good experience especially since I’ve just only bought it....! Will try with updating drivers from intel website but Lenovo should be doing something about this as I’ve seen lots of threads around this issue.

I personally feel it has more to do with the power-saving features in newer WiFi chips than anything. Seems some routers don't like them and Windows updates keep wrecking things. 

For a test, try your computer on a different router. Say, at work or a public hotspot you're comfortable with. For that matter, shut off your router and use your phone's hotspot. If it works okay with any of those, you might need to update or tweak your router.  If not, try shutting off the power-saving features of the WiFi card. Mine's a Qualcomm. I believe the 930 has an Intel, but the settings should be the same:

You can (or should be able to) get to the WiFi power settings this way:

Windows Key > Settings (gear icon) > System > Power and Sleep > Additional Power Settings > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > Expand "Wireless Adapter Settings" > expand "Power saving mode" and change both to "maximum performance."

You can also get to the Roaming Aggressiveness setting through Device Manager. Find the Qualcomm device and right click. Choose properties. The roaming aggressiveness should be in the Advanced tab. Mine is set to 3.

And, of course, in the properties dialog for your WiFi card, uncheck "allow windows to turn off this device to save power." 

As for your "network drive" message, you might have a shared drive on another computer mapped to your 930? Cloud service?

Let us know how you get on...

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Haivoltage
What's DOS?
Views: 72
Message 6 of 6

I have same issue and experience

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors