Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coolhead123
What's DOS?
Views: 290
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga C930 Notebook Won't power ON from SLEEP

This is ridiculous. I need support and Experts help. I have a brand new C930 Notebook. The laptop goes to sleep but does not wake up. Only the led light on the power button keeps blinking. I have to hard press to shut it down and then again press the power button after 10 seconds so the laptop would do normal boot. Then the Fingerprint reader does not work. The next restart works fine but from sleep still does not resume.

I checked all settings on device maneger power managerment save mode and all available hardware resources are set to "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power" checked.

If i change the Device manager lid close action to Hibernate, it works as expected. So computer can resume fine with hibernate and not from Sleep mode.

All my device drivers and BIOS is upto date to lenovo recommended versions. I have seen some online forums but nowhere it is known if it is a software issue or Hardware issue. Lenovo Please suggest!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 235
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga C930 Notebook Won't power ON from SLEEP

Hi coolhead123!

Welcome to our community forums.

We'd like to know, are there any changes/updates prior to this issue?
Could you try to enter and safe mode so we can further isolate the issue whether it is a software or hardware related? Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. You may follow the steps here:https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht116905

Let us know how it goes.

Have a nice day.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors