Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterYoga5
Paper Tape
Views: 586
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Yoga C930 Pen doesn't work

Good day, I just received the Lenovo Yoga C930 and the pen doesn't work. The laptop does't recognize it and there is no way (app or settings menu) to install it, syncronize it or try it. Microsoft Windows 10 pen settings is for the surface pen and the Lenovo Pen settings is for the Lenovo Pen with the top bottom. Nothing for the fancy new pen that is stored in the laptop (not even in the product guide - way to go Lenovo!). 

I have been trying to call several times Lenovo technical support and the dial menu is horrible. I haven't been able to reach a technical support representative for the Lenovo Yoga C930. This is the worst service per purchased item prize I have received in my life. 

I really hope that someone can help me. This purchase was supposed to be a good experience and so far it is just pathetic.

Rob_VA
What's DOS?
Views: 546
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo Yoga C930 Pen doesn't work

I am having issues with the same thing.  My troubleshooting so far has led me to believe it is actually an issue with the pen charging.  If you go to your Start Menu and search for Lenovo Pen Settings, there is a battery indicator for the pen in the top right corner.. If you look at the attached pic, you can see that the battery is super low and that is most likely the reason the pen is not working.

PeterYoga5
Paper Tape
Views: 536
Message 3 of 8

Hi Rob_VA, 

Thanks for your response. My Lenovo Pen app doesn't look like yours (see picture attached). Yours represents the Pen that came with the laptop while mine shows the Pen with the top bottom. How did you get the Lenovo Pen app updated?

Lenovo Pen app.png

nirrrr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 508
Message 4 of 8

since we have a bunch of yoga c930 users here can someone help with my problem?

have you guys tried connecting external monitors with usb c to usb c connection? my monitor cant seem to detect it when its connected to my monitors usb c port.

Yrameau
Punch Card
Views: 480
Message 5 of 8

I have the same problem, i despair...

GRandel
Paper Tape
Views: 421
Message 6 of 8

Same issue here, tried installing pen drivers on the c930's download page. Seemed to make what little pen functionality I had worse.

GRandel
Paper Tape
Views: 382
Message 7 of 8

Mine is working better. Opened device manager and uninstalled Lenovo Pen, 4 HID-Compliant vednor managed devices, & HID-Compliant Pen. Restarted. All the drivers appeared back in Device Manager and I have been using the pen withtout issue. Hopefully it helps someone.

Highlighted
Oliver_One
What's DOS?
Views: 250
Message 8 of 8

Me too have the same problem, I am shure it´s a charging Problem. Look the picture, I think one of the Contacts is not in the right position.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors