Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amp108
What's DOS?
Views: 927
Message 11 of 35

Re: Lenovo Yoga C930 Pen doesn't work

Hi there, I am having the same issue! My pen settings shows a picture of the pen with the top button, but not the pen it came with. I just bought this a couple weeks ago...has anyone figured out how to fix this?

GRandel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 894
Message 12 of 35

Mine still isn't working. Left it in the laptop for a week and it worked for about 5 miniutes before dying when removed. I'm going to contact Lenovo for a replacement Monday.

Seemed like mine never worked after I let the pen compldtely die one time. Wonder if that has something to do with it. All my contacts look fine.

mama_c
Paper Tape
Views: 812
Message 13 of 35

I have this same problem.  Cannot get the pen to charge, and my screen looks like the screenshot attached showing the battery icon as red in the Lenovo Pen app window.  Has there been any resolution to this?  I cannot see if the pen is actually making contact in the garage, but there is definitely a problem.  Have already called lenovo tech support and people on phone don't seem to be familiar with the product.  They sent me a new pen.  Has not resolved the problem.

mama_c
Paper Tape
Views: 812
Message 14 of 35

I also had the problem where the picture of my pen in the Lenovo pen app did not look like the pen that my computer came with where there are no buttons on the top.  The type of pen that comes with our computer is not a bluetooth pen, you cannot connect it via bluetooth.  We have what is considered a passive stylus versus an active pen in the world of pens.  This means the pen charges in the garage and works with the computer through the screen interaction solely.

To resolve the issue of the wrong pen appearing in your Lenovo pen app, I did a factory reset and once I did I got the correct picture of the pen.  It appears the driver for the pen had been updated and didn't work with the type of pen that came with the machine.  To check your driver, open Lenovo pen app, and double click the big L in the top left of the window.  My pen is working (minus the charging issue in an above post) with the following version installed:

About.PNG

GRandel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 761
Message 15 of 35

I also did a factory reset and it returned pen function and am able to charge a little bit. It will not go past 50% usually around 25% and quickly dies. Can anyone with with working pen and charging post their driver number?

turnright
Paper Tape
Views: 656
Message 16 of 35

I am having similar issues. I've had the Yoga C930 for about two weeks and was only able to get the pen to work for about 20 seconds before the charge dropped rapidly to 6% and a low-battery error popped up. Placed it in the "garage" and it would not charge. Lenovo sent me a replacement pen, which charged up to 12%. Yet again, when I used it for about 20 seconds, it too dropped to 6% and would not charge. So, I don't think the problem is with the pen itself.

Has anyone had success in resolving this yet?

mama_c
Paper Tape
Views: 576
Message 17 of 35

The outcome of the pen situation is this--call tech support and ask to send in your laptop for repair.  That is the only way to get this issue resolved it seems.  My laptop is currently at the repair center.

Here are my gripes with Lenovo over this experience:

1) Ordered laptop first week of December, doesn't actually show up until first week of January (really, a month?)

2) Laptop shows up and is broken (recommend improved quality control before shipping brand new product that MULTIPLE people are complaining has the same defect)

3) Spent too much time waiting for tech support to pick up the phone (seriously, 40 minutes..); even when using the call me back service, I was called back only to sit on the phone for 20 minutes on hold before someone answered

4) Finally get authorization to send laptop in for service, only to discover that they do not plan on returning the product to me until the end of February, even though I sent it to them mid-January

This is the third laptop I've purchased from Lenovo.  I have had a lot of confidence in this brand's products as my last two laptops have been solid, but this experience has been disappointing.

GRandel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 562
Message 18 of 35

Unfortuntely it is sounding like a hardware issue. I have tried factory reset as well as a new Windows installation and manually installing all drivers. It is odd that my pen will also only charge to 12% as well though. I am going to try taking the same route as the previous poster. Wish Lenovo would allow support via email so I don't have to sit on the phone for hours. I'll post results once the process is complete.... in 2 months.....

mama_c
Paper Tape
Views: 472
Message 19 of 35

Just an update.  Lenovo does not have the part in stock at their repair center so it's on order.  The repair is supposed to be completed by end of February, but I doubt that will happen, since they don't even have the part yet.  Total time this laptop has actually been in my hands since I ordered this product on December 11th has maybe been a week?  It is now February 19th.  Something is wrong here, and I want Lenovo to compensate because this doesn't feel right to me as a consumer.  It also bothers me that no one from Lenovo seems to be monitoring this forum, and tech support cannot seem to offer me anything except "I'm sorry," in broken English.

turnright
Paper Tape
Views: 469
Message 20 of 35

That's simply awful. I would be furious. I hope you get it back soon and thank you for the update. Think I'll forgo pursuing any repair!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors