Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GRandel
Fanfold Paper
Views: 485
Message 21 of 35

Re: Lenovo Yoga C930 Pen doesn't work

I did have some success. Now I do work for an electrical company but unfortunatly am in purchasing. Maybe someone with some more knowledge would be able to chime in.

I put multi-meter on the pen (one prong each contact) in DC. I forget exact voltages but I noticed it would start at about 125mV and reduce about a mV /second. Once it reached 0, the polarity would reverse, continue to -125mV and stop. I then flipped my prongs around but this time 125mV to -80mV. I continued this back and forth until reaching it sat a 0. Then I docked the pen and let it charge for an hour or two. To my surprise, it was now at 50% and continued to work for the entire 20 minutes I used it, where as before it would never go above 6% and would die in 5 to 10 minutes. Have been using without issue for a week or two beside battery never showing above 50%. 

Doesn't seem to totally be a "bad part" issue. I wonder if the dock is thinking the pen is full so it stops charging. Why always only to 6% and now always to 50%?

Flo35
Blue Screen Again
Views: 458
Message 22 of 35

Same problem here. The pen has NEVER worked on my brand-new c930. I asked Lenovo to organize return (just in case) since I feared from what I read here and there that repair/replacement of the pen would take forever. I was well advised as tech support confirmed today (oh, just because I called inquiring) that pens are out of stock. They were not proactive and they could not provide with an ETA. Disapppointing. 

I would have loved to keep and enjoy my new device but sadly that won't be possible. I can't wait for weeks for Lenovo to solve this.

When I purchase a premium laptop I expect premium quality (control) or at least premium service. This is clearly not the case.

I won't recommend Lenovo.

BCCanada
Paper Tape
Views: 449
Message 23 of 35

Oh, this is disappointing. I mean, I was ALREADY disappointed because I was told on Jan 31 that I would get a new pen in 3 days, and then on Feb 9, when I asked, I was told that it was on backorder (had I not asked, I guess I would have just kept wondering...). Then it was escalated and today, someone emailed me saying that they were going to send me a new pen as soon as possible. I guess that won't be any time soon. 

This is really upsetting.

turnright
Paper Tape
Views: 445
Message 24 of 35

They're probably out of new pens because this is a problem for lots of people. Unfortunately, I don't think the replacement pens charge either, it seems. Mine didn't.

BCCanada
Paper Tape
Views: 439
Message 25 of 35

Yeah, that's what I keep mentioning when I communicate with them... telling them that that's what I've read.
turnright
Paper Tape
Views: 435
Message 26 of 35

Maybe you'll get lucky and the new pen will actually work! Maybe they actually addressed the issue. Maybe...
BCCanada
Paper Tape
Views: 434
Message 27 of 35

I like your positivity. I have my doubts that I'll even get a pen. I've asked them to send me a stand-alone pen so I can at least use something.
Chrispy1
Paper Tape
Views: 402
Message 28 of 35

Same issue. Brand new, stylus worked but wouldn't charge. They sent a new one, also didn't charge and the wrong colour. Sent a third one now that took over a month because they didn't have it in stock (or even swap it from a unit that isn't sold so a paying customer gets their part), right colour, but not connecting at all. They refuse to admit that it could be the computer and want to just keep sending stylus to me. Not happy at all will this purchase or the customer service at this point.

mama_c
Paper Tape
Views: 366
Message 29 of 35

Just another update.  Went to look at repair status today and saw that my repair is now on hold while they wait for the part and the expected service time completion is now March 7.  So basically four months of this laptop not even in my possession.  Seriously Lenovo, what is my compensation for this???  Extending my warranty?  Refunding some money?

mikewired1
Paper Tape
Views: 321
Message 30 of 35

I bought a new c930 from Bestbuy today and the pen would not work. I went back inside and tried one off of the display. It worked. I put my pen in the display unit and left it there for a few minutes to get a charge. My pen now worked on my PC so I left. I later discovered that it was only working because it got a charge from another machine. The pen will not charge in my PC. I got a flash light and looked down into the pen silo. I noticed only one spring loaded contact. The pen needs two contacts. It appears one contact is missing. I guess I will be exchanging this machine tomorrow. Love the speakers!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors