Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juliabb
Paper Tape
Views: 239
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga C930: Screen flickering

Hi,

after purchasing my Lenovo Yoga C930 in November 2018 it worked completely fine until 4 days ago. At some point, I started noticing some slight flickers in the form of very thin lines that would span over the whole screen width. I then updated the Graphics Card drivers which solved the problem for two days, then it came back. Since yesterday, there are now some hug screen flickers (similar to this, but a bit less bad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SIHJYWsFCI ), which are increased if the laptop is on battery mode as opposed to when it is plugged in. I tried to see if there was a difference between the different power modes in battery mode, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

All the drivers are up-to-date and I am very dependent on my computer for work, so I would rather not send it in if I can avoid it in any way. Has anyone had this issue with a C930 and managed to get rid of it?

System information:

Windows 10

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @1.8GHz 1.00GHz

16GB of RAM

Thanks in advance for useful feedback!

Cheers,

Julia

juliabb
Paper Tape
Views: 74
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga C930: Screen flickering

I have now really tried everything

- Updated BIOS

- Updated all possible and imaginable drivers

Did not help.

Reset the computer

- First it was worse, then it got better with updates, but the problem persists.

I have to send it in now. It's just incredible that Lenovo cannot solve this problem and drags it from Laptop generation to Laptop generation. Especially for a machine that I paid 2100 Dollars.......

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors