Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KQvestion
Fanfold Paper
Views: 286
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga C930 keyboard maintenance

Hey folks, I got the Yoga c930 and so far I'm loving it, save one issue--my shift key feels kind of loose (but sticky) and makes a different noise if you accidently hit it the wrong way.  Since it's not a pc-breaking issue, I don't want to have to send it in unless something else goes wrong, but I was wondering if anyone has tried any DIY maintenance on Yoga Keyboards.  I'm worried I might break a clip since even though their are videos for the Yoga 710 on YT, I don't know if they switched up the mechanism for this generation.  It sitll registers the click, so functionally--no issue, but it feels like a defective key that could just completely break out of the blue.

Moderator comment: Formatting fixed. Empty spacing removed.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 253
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga C930 keyboard maintenance

Hi KQvestion!

Welcome to the Community,

We won't be able to find the cause why it's loose, unless we open and check the Keyboard Panel itself. Some of the steps online is for keys that fell off, making the user able to identify why it fell as they can see the clip to where it is attached. I found a suggestion from other thread that might help,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/My-laptop-ctrl-key-fell-out/td-p/201401

We can also leave this to other users that experience the same issue, as they may have suggestion on how to sort this out.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors