cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pinkfreud
Paper Tape
Views: 179
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga C930 turns off unless plugged in, red charger light blinking rapidly

Hello! Yesterday my laptop was working just fine, and today when the battery was about to die I plugged it in. After it was done charging I unplugged it, but then the whole laptop shut down (despite the battery being on 100%). I tried turning it back on, no luck, gave it a couple of minutes and tried again still to no effect. I plugged in the charger again and only then did the laptop switch on, and I now notice the light where the cable is blinks super fast and is red. If i unplug it, it shuts down again.

I read that I might need to change the battery, but the laptop is pretty much brand new - maybe a little over half a year old. I've also been told that the warranty might not cover issues like this, but I couldn't find anything in the actual booklet, so... is that really the case?

StuffHobbes
What's DOS?
Views: 94
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga C930 turns off unless plugged in, red charger light blinking rapidly

I have this EXACT same problem! 

It just started today (11/2/19) after an update! 

What is going on?!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 79
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga C930 turns off unless plugged in, red charger light blinking rapidly

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching us here in our community forums.

To pinkfreud

Based on the description of what's happening, it is possible that the issue is a hardware related mainly the battery. It could be damaged or malfunctioning. We highly suggest calling our phone support for your repair options. Here's the list of our phone support https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist

To StuffHobbes

-We'd like to know if your device is also shutting down when you unplugged the AC adapter? If it does, you need to call our phone support for your repair options as this is a hardware related problem.

Best regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors