cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kidogo
Paper Tape
Views: 342
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Yoga C930 users - why did you buy the 4k screen?

Torn between battery life or better display. I do occasional work with graphics and have been wanting a touch screen I could draw on since I was a kid (I am a genXer, enough said). On the flip side, the whole point of a laptop - esp a 3lb/14in screen - is portability. I've read that the small screens don't matter much with the resolution differences, but when I viewed them side by side, I could see a difference with images (but not so much text). If there wasn't such a huge difference in battery life, I'd just get on the 4k. Either way I have the option of purchasing a 4k screen (that I can't draw directly on) or an external battery pack (that I would have to lug around).

As such, I am curious to know why people choose a UHD over the FHD? Are you happy with your choice? Did you find a workaround for battery life on days you needed to use it for long periods of time (such as travel or presensations)?

Thank you!
Maugha
SCSI Port
Views: 336
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Yoga C930 users - why did you buy the 4k screen?

The battery life for me is great. The model I purchased was an excellent deal and came with UHD. But, my I do have touch screen and the C930 comes with a pen, so you can draw on it. Many people prefer the FHD over the UHD. I've had both and really don't have a preference.
Jorulf
Paper Tape
Views: 278
Message 3 of 7

I regret buying 4K. Hard to notice resolution benefit, and Ive had to turn up sizing in Win10 to 250%. Would rather have the battery life. 

Kidogo
Paper Tape
Views: 277
Message 4 of 7

Interesting. Posts I have read are either people gushing over the UHD, or saying it wasn't worth the loss of battery life. Nice to hear someone can be neutral about it Smiley Happy Thank you for taking a moment to reply!
Kidogo
Paper Tape
Views: 276
Message 5 of 7

Thank you for your reply! Did you buy it as part of a package? Or did you originally want the 4k?
Boogey
Paper Tape
Views: 204
Message 6 of 7

Correct me if I'm wrong:

If 4k battery life is an issue...

... can you not just run it at 1080p resolution?

Does a 4k panel outputting only 1080p still use more power than a native 1080p screen?

Kidogo
Paper Tape
Views: 197
Message 7 of 7

Unfortunantly no. The screen still has 3x as many physical pixels the battery needs to power. That will not change even if you lower the resolution. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors