Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

49 Posts

10-03-2020

Norway

89 Signins

610 Page Views

• Views: 610
  • Message 221 of 292

Re:Lenovo Yoga C940 screen glitches, flickering, flashing

2021-01-21, 18:29 PM

intel keep spitting out driver updates it seems :)

3rd update without issues

so i think this problem is solved.

If problem is still around for others,....it leans towards a hardware isssue.

Options

4 Posts

11-28-2020

Greece

9 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 222 of 292

2021-01-21, 19:36 PM

Hi.

With Intel *.9168 update:

- If from Device Manager select the graphics card and attempt driver update, driver rolls back to *.8280

- system crashes when from Display Settings attempt to set HDR to On.

Any ideas?

Options

49 Posts

10-03-2020

Norway

89 Signins

610 Page Views

• Message 223 of 292

2021-01-21, 21:22 PM

@electrolife if drivers rolls back to an older version. it is just windows acting up as usual. will be fixed sooner or later. Dont update drivers that way, just use the exe install.

if the drivers "old" shows up in windows update , just use the program wushowhide.diagcab to hide installs.

Regarding HDR. i dont know, i dont use it. even with 4k display. Try the intel community/forum and ask about it. mods are very helpfull.

Options

18 Posts

10-04-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

27 Signins

130 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 130
  • Message 224 of 292

2021-01-22, 14:40 PM

Ok it seems this driver solved the issue and everyone seems ok with it.

Thanks for your sharing all.

I don't think it's 100% solved. I still get VERY occasional flashes when on battery power. But it is greatly reduced, to the point of it being something that can be ignored. It happens to me now once every so often for very brief periods of time (hitting the Windows key and toggling the Start Menu off and on is usually enough to clear it on the odd occasions it does happen).

So, not perfect, but a case of "good enough" for me.

Still never buying another Lenovo product as long as I live, but this particular Lenovo product I own now will do until it reaches its natural end of life in a few years time.

Options

145 Posts

04-26-2020

121 Signins

895 Page Views

• Views: 895
  • Message 225 of 292

2021-01-22, 15:17 PM

Think I'm at a point where I'm reasonably happy with the machine, so I'm disabling Windows updates and also removing the Intel and Lenovo update programs so it's gonna be "frozen" from now on.

Just about to take an image of the SSD for backup purposes and recovery if ever needed.

My old Yoga 2 Pro worked perfectly on it's original factory image for over 6 years, the mistake I made with the C940 was letting updates happen.

Being a DJ I need a solid hassle free machine so let's hope the C940 lives up to the same reliability as it's predecessor.

I won't be buying Lenovo ever again and I suspect there are a load of other people who will do the same.

Options

12 Posts

12-25-2020

Netherlands

8 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 226 of 292

2021-01-23, 9:20 AM

Mine apparently had hardware issues as some already suggested. It was traded for a different one. This time with 4k display and it has zero issues! Was able to run all updates and even update the Nvidia driver which gave massive problems on the other one.

I'm also happy at this point!

Glad to see most issues are resolved! What better way to start a new year right? :p xD

Options

2 Posts

12-27-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 227 of 292

2021-01-23, 17:44 PM

My screen flickers, flashes and/or just turns black EVERY morning. Nearly impossible to navigate the screen using either the mouse pad or track pad.  Very, very annoying. Eventually, after researching numerous options, I have to restart and maybe restart again and the problem goes away.

I have the Yoga 940C, built in August 2020 and bought new in October 2020.  (Have had many, many other problems, made calls to Premier Support, to no avail as the issues keep coming back, or new problems develop). I've been disconnected from chat and phone support via Lenovo FOUR times, andI have talked to people they don't seem to understand basic computer technology/phrasing. I am not so astute or technically proficient that I would know more than one of their supposed "expert technicians" you are supposed to be able to talk with IF you buy their Premier support Service.  I have a record of 6 support cases, both these experts I talk to tell me, no, I've only ever called about the fingerprint reader, not true, TG I made copies of all the chats and all the support case numbers over time. 

One of the "Premier" agents (which by the by anytime I call I hear a large rooster in the background and sometimes dogs, like it's going to the same village/town in China) actually kept saying "don't worry" it will "all work out" and then she disconnected me.  Lovely.

This PC is a 10th generation, i7 processor, 12 GB Ram, 64 bit with 256 SSD; Windows recently updated to 20H2, build 19042.746.  I've had two recovery/drives sent to me by Lenovo and did one Windows Reset on my own, in 2 1/2 months I owned this laptop.  I've had a technician out here cause the fingerprint reader, from the start, would work and then stop working intermittently and having to use Pin to sign in much of the time.  This was in December; he removed and replaced entire case and put in new one!  Worked for two days and stopped.  I've loaded and reloaded fingerprints many, many times since!  With latest update Jan 15, 2021, it's been -fingers crossed - working consistently.

So, this NEW/LATEST issue is icing on cake....the gotta return this thing cake.  Trying to input right now is hell; anytime I have to move cursor or track pad I get a black screen.

I've looked at display driver, says it's Intel...can't find a compatible one on the Intel website and Lenovo always states I need no updates when I do Update Scan on vantage and reports I have no hardware issues.  Right!   I've updated seems like at least 1/2 of all drivers, and every morning, I wake the computer to find it flickering non-stop - so I can't do anything and then it settles into screen turning black anytime I move around screen and have to fidget with pad and mouse to make screen come back.

I'm going to look at the video cards now, as spouse just said looks like you have a bad video card and then I will go to Lenovo Premier Support, if that doesn't pan out and start another case.  Would like to be able to just put in written repair ticket, but I've never been able to make that work...it just doesn't work.  So, not happy camper.  If anything works out, I will post "solution" here.

Wish I had bought another laptop not the Lenovo Yoga.  I'm going to copy/paste this into a document and post to Microsoft website and perhaps several other venues.  We'll see if that elevates any of the 940C ongoing problems so that the company takes some ownership. What else can you do? 

Options

145 Posts

04-26-2020

121 Signins

895 Page Views

• Views: 895
  • Message 228 of 292

2021-01-23, 19:17 PM

Just put it down to experience and totally avoid Lenovo for the rest of your life.

Options

3 Posts

01-22-2021

Ireland

5 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 229 of 292

2021-01-24, 10:19 AM

Hi, I have the same issue from 18/1/2021.

What is kind resolving is to do driver reinstall of Intel Sense 10 driver every time I switch laptop and then restart.

But then next time it is switched off one I need to do again as diagnostic tool reports I need to install that again.

And as I can't use mouse not keyboard to navigate as screen is blank or lots of flickering I use touch screen to navigate through the screen to execute reinstallation again.

Hopefully this will be resolved as why that driver seems to be de installed every time computer is switched off.

As support is not working weekends and there is no email contact I need to wait weekend to call them as premium support only offers something like HW repair to report.

with 500 words limit to explain the problem.

Options

49 Posts

10-03-2020

Norway

89 Signins

610 Page Views

• Message 230 of 292

2021-01-24, 15:54 PM

@HeyImNotStupid 

Since you sayd intel driver, you have the 14" right.? 15" is nvidia.

Intel drivers from the intel site is generic, so they should work on all intel based systems.

What driver version are you using?

The latest at the moment is 27.20.100.9168 (intel site)

Download Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/30148/a08/igfx_win10_100.9168.exe

Drivers from Lenovo site is old and is more or less non-compatible with the latest windows updates with the C940.

Couple of the latest from the intel site have more or less solved the problem regarding flickering for many of us.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms