Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

04-01-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 281 of 304

Re:Lenovo Yoga C940 screen glitches, flickering, flashing

2021-04-06, 18:43 PM

Update: Followed the advice of those here and went to the Intel site to scan and update graphics drivers. I said 'yes' to override current drivers. It's been 48 hours. So far, no screen glitches, flickering, flashing, schizophrenia, cloning, etc. Lenovo wanted me to mail my computer in for repair. I tried to tell the technician to check out the Community boards. He wouldn't bite. Just told me I needed to mail it in. From now on, I'm coming here first.

The link to Intel: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

Options

158 Posts

04-26-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

139 Signins

965 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 965
  • Message 282 of 304

2021-04-06, 18:51 PM

The amount it's cost Lenovo for repairs to something that was obviously a software problem is unbelievable.

They are just a big, messed up organisation and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Maybe they would get a better reputation by releasing fewer, better laptops.

I won't be buying from them ever again.

Options

1 Posts

04-06-2021

Turkey

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 283 of 304

2021-04-06, 20:53 PM

It was an annoying problem on my brand new laptop. Disabling GPU Hardware Acceleration for all apps like Zoom, Chrome and etc. solved it for me. Give it a try.

Options

1 Posts

03-08-2021

France

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 284 of 304

2021-04-07, 18:08 PM

Hi,

I hope y'all okay. Thank you for this master post, I've looked at some pages but didn't find the answer I was looking for.

I've been experiencing some problems with my C940 and its screens. 

It gets 'blurry' and 'flickering'. It starts off by a weird black screen and then a green one and then every time I move my mouse or do something, the screen gets really blurry for a couple of seconds. I attempted to take some SC and it didn't show the bug. Only a full restart (not lock the session or sleep) will make it disappear. 

It looks like there is a second layer of pixels just badly superposed to the original one, if it makes sense? (see bad pictures taken with my phone)

It happens quite a lot, probably 1 per week since I got my laptop (8 months ago). 

When it happens, I'm either use Word (thesis student here), Adobe Reader or just using Netflix/Chrome. 

It never happened when I was gaming (Skyrim/Shadow of the Tomb Raider for instance). 

I've run diagnostics tools and updated my drives and still nothing. 

Could someone help me or orient me toward a fix, please?

I could finish my thesis in peace and I would be eternally grateful!

Here the bad picture:

Options

2 Posts

03-18-2021

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 285 of 304

2021-04-08, 17:06 PM

Hi all, like a few others recently, I ran the Intel driver assistant program here, about a week ago:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

It diagnosed recommended installation of graphics driver version 27.20.100.9316, and two other updates (wifi and bluetooth).  Since installation a week ago, the taskbar cloning issue, pixel fluttering and screen freeze have not returned.  I still notice the occasional light flashes in Word, on refreshes or acceleration?, but this might not be part of the original issue -- not sure.  In any case, it's hugely reassuring to have the main display issues addressed, at least for now (cross fingers).  Glad there was this thread, thanks for the helpful info.

Options

2 Posts

03-30-2021

South Africa

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 286 of 304

2021-04-09, 18:31 PM

Hi All,

I have the C940 (14") and have the same flicker issue after 2 months of use.

After entering my password --> go to home screen ---> move around to perform a task ---> the flickering starts.

It gets so bad that the screen blanks out and only after ctrl+alt+del I am able to shut down.

The first time sent it to Lenovo they said they did a hardware and software test and there is no fault.

The second time sent because the flicker issue was still there they said the cable is faulty and it was replaced.

I have just picked up the laptop today and the problem is still there -

We need a solution from Lenovo OR a recall on this model.

I will never purchase a Lenovo product again 

Interesting discussion here with Intel and Lenovo feedback: https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Lenovo-C940-Flickering-Distortion-with-HWA-enabled-in/td-p/1224189

Options

158 Posts

04-26-2020

139 Signins

965 Page Views

• Views: 965
  • Message 287 of 304

2021-04-09, 18:36 PM

Have you not read the previous 29 pages?

There IS a solution.

Options

2 Posts

03-30-2021

South Africa

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 288 of 304

2021-04-09, 19:51 PM
@kradcliffe2 many thanks :) The Intel assistant link didn't work for me it pops up with "Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan." I used this link provided by Bertil78 https://downloadmirror.intel.com/30148/a08/igfx_win10_100.9168.exe
Options

6 Posts

04-01-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 289 of 304

2021-04-14, 21:49 PM
Just updating that it's been over a week. Much better. However, I did have one occurrence of the same old problem -- top 1/10 of screen clones itself and seems to have a schizophrenic fit for several seconds. Sigh. I may rescan for Intel updates again, using the same link as above, as that definitely helped.
Options

2 Posts

04-20-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 290 of 304

2021-04-20, 20:00 PM

@Reason4444 

First of all, thank you for taking time and collaborating with all community members for ways on getting some type of descent feedback from the manufacturer on this specific and well-known anomaly for the Lenovo Yoga c940 81Q9 series.

I cannot believe the lack of QA and RCA on behalf of Lenovo regarding this screen flickering issue. 

I was very disappointed and to be honest very confused to see that a Community Moderator was suggesting to do a factory reset from the BIOS. Really???

Have someone from Lenovo actually suggested the option of their *own* solution called 'Lenovo OneKey recovery'.?  They even have a weird Novo button configured on their hardware.

So, after expressing that frustration, please be advised that I have the same issue with my brand new Lenovo Yoga c940 81Q9 and the screen flickering.

Behavior:

1. Screen only flickers and won't let you manage your desktop environment until a forced reboot is made.
  2. After rebooting, Tablet/PC is operational without issues

Remediation efforts attempted:

1. Safe mode into Windows and removing third (3rd ) party vendor drivers for display.
  2. Attempted all recommendations from Lenovo.

Results:

1. Issue still persists. 

Question:

1. Have you attempted the factory reset documented on the following KB article?

How to reset your laptop to factory defaults using Lenovo OneKey Recovery (OKR)

Your feedback is valuable.

Thank you.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms