US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Yoga L380 processor frequency just 400 Mhz while charging

2020-01-20, 15:25 PM

Hi,

I recently bought a Lenovo Yoga L380, and noticed that while is pluged in to charge, the processor slows down to 0.4Ghz and stays there, making the laptop barrely usable. 

If i unplug it the procesor frequency is coming back to normal.

Any ideea about how to fix this? 

Thank you!

Options

459 Posts

05-02-2019

US

322 Signins

7862 Page Views

• Views: 7862
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Yoga L380 processor frequency just 400 Mhz while charging

2020-01-21, 10:44 AM

Hi !

You may change the power options to make sure that your machine is on maximum performance when plugged in.
Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings > Change it to High Performance.

If the issue still persist, make sure that Mode for AC and Scheme for AC in BIOS settings is on Maximum Performance under Config Tab > Power.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

0 Posts

01-19-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2020-01-27, 9:44 AM

Hi and thank you for the advices... I did all the above but didn't help. I found information over the internet that this behaviour is because of fast charge feature. Is there any posibility to disable the fast charge? Is there anything else i can do? It looks that i am not the only one with this problem...

Thank you!

Options

459 Posts

05-02-2019

US

322 Signins

7862 Page Views

• Views: 7862
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-01-28, 14:51 PM

wrote:

Hi and thank you for the advices... I did all the above but didn't help. I found information over the internet that this behaviour is because of fast charge feature. Is there any posibility to disable the fast charge? Is there anything else i can do? It looks that i am not the only one with this problem...

Thank you!

Some devices have an option to disable fast charge in BIOS but I'm not sure if your device has this feature however i suggest that you make sure that your BIOS version is up to date.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

0 Posts

01-19-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2020-01-28, 19:29 PM

Hi,

Well my BIOS is not updated(it was a version from 2017), so i tried to update. I tried first from windows, but i got a message about BIOS layout missmatch. 

I decided then to use second method, so i burned ISO image on a CD, used a USB cd reader and booted from CD.

After CD boot i got 3 options:

Option 1 was explaining update procedure, whch i read and understand

Option 2 was BIOS update , i selected this and followed the screens, but it ended up with a red message informing me about BIOS layout missmatch.

I then selected option 3, which was about reseting serial number or something like that, i followed all the screens, and the procedure ended up with a message saying to press enter to restart the laptop, so serial will reassign at next startup. I pressed enter and nothing happened. I waited another 10 minutes pressed enter again, nothing happened. I then restarted the laptop from power button, and now it doesn't start anymore.

On startup there is like a beepcode, and after a research and downloading the application Lenovo PC Diagnostic it turns out to be Error 0285 which says: TCG-compliant functionality-related error (Might be the TPM initialization failure).

Can you please advice me about how to solve this issue?

Thank you!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete