Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahulbasu
Paper Tape
Views: 837
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga Pro 3 1370 not charging

My laptop suddenly stopped charging. I've checked the adapter, it still provides the USB power to charge my mobile phone. I can also charge my phone from the residual charge in the battery. So the remaining possibilities are that the charger isn't producing 20V power, the wire has gone bad or there's a problem within the laptop. 

The replacement charger costs a pretty penny and will take time. Is there any way of checking if the wire or the charger block are working or not ? The alternative of taking it to Lenovo sucks, can't work for a while.

Thanks

Rahul

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 829
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga Pro 3 1370 not charging

First, is it still under warranty? Many are.   If it is, call support.   Do you know anyone with another machine where you can borrow an adapter?  The Yoga 700 and Yoga 900 use the same sort of plug except they have a max power draw of 65W.  The 700 and 900 don't work right on the Y. 3 pro's 40-w adapter, but your machine is OK with the larger one.  I looked at the adapter and the power cord and  it would be difficult to test the output with a meter, without shorting something out.  I have all sorts of tools and meters, and I takeapart and fix machines, so if it were mine, I would open the machine and pick up the input leads from inside and test with a meter.  If you are not comfortable doing that kind of thing, don't risk making it worse.  DON'T OPEN UP AND WORK ON A MACHINE THAT IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
rahulbasu
Paper Tape
Views: 789
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga Pro 3 1370 not charging

Hi RichK, its not under warranty. Anyway, I powered down the laptop, left it sitting overnight, and the next day it started charging properly once more.

Not sure what the issue was, possibly the ACPI driver I see complaints about.

Rahul

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors