Options

1 Posts

05-19-2016

KR

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga Pro 3 - Black screen, no fan, but power.

2016-05-19, 9:25 AM

So I recently came to South Korea to teach and my computer was working fine. i have two lenovo yoga series computer, one being the 2 and one being the 3 pro.

The 3 pro I literally have used maybe 12 times. I bought it a while back but it was not convenient for the size at that time so I kept using my smaller once. So it is pretty much brand new.

It booted up, it was charged, I was able to log on, then suddenly it went black and I have not been able to get a screen since then. I've never dropped it, I've barely put anything on it, it was working fine two days beforehand, then boom, nothing. I can't hear the fan going on it either, but then again, I never really noticed a fan noise in the beginning, either.

1. I let it die on its own hoping maybe that would work.
  2. I charged it fully as well.
  3. I tried the 'press the power button so-and-so times for this' to try to hard-restart or something of the like.
  4. I know I have power because the light comes on, and I am able to make the lighting behind the keyboard come on and off. The screen is the only problem at this point.

Since I just moved to Korea, I am obviously not fluent. I had my coteacher call Lenovo Korea for me and they said my computer wasn't covered under Korean Warranty, but from what I read it is. It doesn't end until January of 2017 either.

So I'm at a loss. I can't speak fluent Korean so I can't call myself, and I can't put in for a callback. I may have my parents call the USA number, but then I'd have to ship it to the US then have it shipped to Lenovo. I also don't know where the nearest Lenovo care center is.

So, suggestions? Maybe aid? I don't have an HDMI cord that will fit it to an external screen, and currently don't have time to go get one. Nor do I want to waste money if it doesn't work.

Options

4 Posts

05-18-2016

SG

10 Signins

134 Page Views

• Views: 134
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga Pro 3 - Black screen, no fan, but power.

2016-05-19, 10:08 AM

Hello Kitsumiya,

I guess I also had this problem on my lenovo yoga 3-1470 before, but I am not so sure about it. There was once when I power on my lenovo yoga 3-1470, it went black screen, and I thought my lenovo yoga 3-1470 screen has spoilt. I tried restarting the system over and over by pressing the power on button. But when I put the screen under the light, I could see a very faint message box, asking me to restart. My lenovo yoga 3-1470 was touch-screen, hence I touch restart, and the screen came back normal again.

This is not the solution to your problem, but I am just enquring on whether are you facing the same problem as me. If it persists, I guess you would have to send it for fixing, or look around for other solutions. 

Regards, 

Federick

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save