12-16-2012

USA

28 Signins

164 Page Views

• Views: 164
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga Touchpad Left/Right Click Hardware Button Sensitivity

2012-12-16, 8:32 AM

does anyone know if there's a way to make the touchpad left/right click hard buttons easier to click? my fingers hurt after using the touchpad for an hour

Solved! See the solution
Options

6 Posts

12-16-2012

USA

3 Signins

116 Page Views

• Views: 116
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga Touchpad Left/Right Click Hardware Button Sensitivity

2012-12-16, 19:13 PM

I would suspect that the hard buttons of the touchpad cannot be changed as a mechanical attribute of the hardware.

However, I might suggest that the hard buttons of the touchpad may not have to be used very often given the existence of touch alternatives.

For example, I'm sure you use the left-click tap gesture often, but also a right-click gesture of simply tapping two fingers anywhere at once may be used instead of having to press the hard button from the bottom-left corner. Additionally, dragging may be accomplished with a double-tap and hold gesture on the touchpad. For instance, to move a window on the desktop, simply double-tap the window title bar but keep a finger down after the second tap. From there objects may be moved/dragged as if a physical button was held.

So perhaps with the touch-only drag and right-click gestures you may rely less on use of the hard buttons, and save some strain on your fingers..? :)

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

7 Posts

12-16-2012

USA

28 Signins

164 Page Views

• Views: 164
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga Touchpad Left/Right Click Hardware Button Sensitivity

2012-12-17, 0:35 AM
that's actually a pretty good work-around, I'll probably be doing that from now on, but then it makes the hard buttons somewhat redundant/useless, I was hoping there'd be a way to loosen them
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete