Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jthumm
Paper Tape
Views: 112
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Yoga Y910 Battery not charging and speakers not working

So this whole conundrum started with something getting stuck in the fan. As far as I could tell, you had to remove the motherboard to get to the fans so I took apart the whole laptop and put it back together. It worked fine for a day, but then it stopped charging (still works while plugged in) and now the speakers don't work. Only thing that makes sense to me is that it's the motherboard, but I don't really understand why. Any thoughts/ideas?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 82
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Yoga Y910 Battery not charging and speakers not working

Hey there, jthumm! 

Welcome to the Lenovo community group!

Just to confirm, does the laptop still charging up and speaker working before you took it apart? If yes, there is a possibility that you may lose some cable connection when you took it apart. 

Regards! 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

jthumm
Paper Tape
Views: 71
Message 3 of 5

Thank you!

It worked before and after. I understand that it probably had to be because of me, but I don't think I really broke anything

Also, the charging light (not power button light) is blinking orange

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 66
Message 4 of 5

Hi! Have you tried going back and make sure that all cable or connections are properly connected?

When your laptop blink slowly with amber light means the battery has 20% battery charge left. If it blinks quickly then the battery is less than 5% charged. Try running the update from Lenovo Vantage app. Install all available updates then restart the computer. Update us with the result.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

jthumm
Paper Tape
Views: 53
Message 5 of 5

Going to dissasemble and reasemble to verify connections, and I saw that was what the blink codes were but I believe that was for the Power LED and not Charging LED? I guess you would know better than I do

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors