01-04-2020

UM

5 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Yoga c930 art tablet issues

2020-01-04, 4:26 AM

Hello, I purchased the lenovo yoga c930 for school and art purposes, hoping to get my artwork done on the go and take notes; however, after going through all of the related settings, I can't seem to get my yoga to do simple tablet tasks and it's frustrating me. All I want is:

Pen pressure

Zooming in and out with my fingers

Undo and erase on my two macro pen buttons

I typically use Paint Tool SAI, which is compatible with wacom technology, and from research trying to find a solution online, I know this computer has that technology, so I shouldn't be having any issue with pen pressure, but there just isn't any.
Perhaps it's the computer not detecting that SAI is an art application, but I can't use my fingers to zoom in and out of the canvus,and I wouldn't mind just manually using the zoom scroll bar, but the application or pen just doesn't even pick up that I'm selecting something sometimes.
Lastly, I was able to somewhat get Erase and Undo onto my pen buttons by choosing "Keystrokes" and macroing the key command onto it in the Lenovo Pen Settings, but when I use them in the program, there's a 1-2 second delay and sometimes it doesn't respond at all. (and yes I tries using the actual "Erase" and "Undo" options but those do nothing when I press the buttons). I also have to have the pen milimeters from the surface of the screen in order for it to go off..

I tried finding any solution to these issues online and I only found one similar on this forum, but it remained unsolved.

I am using the current Windows 10

Please help me find a solution because I would love to use this computer to its full art-tool potential!

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

114 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Yoga c930 art tablet issues

2020-01-04, 14:22 PM

Hi ,

Welcome to the Community,

Have you also tried other apps if the issues also exist?

You can try to open up Paint Tool SAI and in the menu bar at the top go to Other then Options. Here your Click Detection Pressure bar setting should be at 0 to receive absolute pen pressure. If it's already at 0 toggle and set it to 100, then click okay. Then go back, set it back to 0, and now try pen pressure.

Regarding the erase and undo fucntion the Pen should really be near the screen to send the signal to the digitizer to do the function.

Paint Tool SAI doesn't have features such as pinch zoom, The zoom function in Paint SAI is set on the Apps keyboard shortcut Alt F7 and F8 to zoom in and out but someone said on another forum that they have a work around for features such as pinch zoom and rotate ike those in photoshop and other art programs. You can search on google on zoom function not working in paint tool sai.

Regards

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

01-04-2020

UM

5 Signins

46 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2020-01-04, 21:34 PM

Hi @Jeremy_lenovo

Thank you for your response.

I have not tried any other programs because I unfortunately do not own any other programs.

I tried the pen pressure solution that you gave but there is still no pressure. Could it be the lenovo pen program itself? Perhaps I need an extra driver?

Regarding the pen button distance, would it be any different if I used a bamboo pen, or would I still need to have the pen close to the surface?

Lastly, is the lack of pinch zoom part of the computer, or is it exclusive to SAI? It's understandable that a specific program would not be compatible with touch surfaces, but for a tablet it'd be shocking. I'm probably not reading your response clearly, though.

Thank you for your assistance

Options

2 Posts

01-04-2020

UM

5 Signins

46 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2020-02-03, 16:02 PM

No one has gotten back to me to help, but luckily I was able to fix it myself...

For anyone else going through this issue:
In SAI, there is an option called "Tablet Pen Control API" under Help > Options > Pen Tablet
There are three options you can choose from, but the one I chose to get my pen pressure to work was the third option "Use Windows API (for Windows Vista or later)". Before I checked this, I would get a small error at the bottom rigth of the program whenever I started it. I no longer receive the error and I now have pen pressure.

As far as macros and hotkeys go for convenience, there is a free-to-use, customizable program called TabletPro. It's a side window that you can scale and bind commands to to simply touch with your finger. Just give that name a google search and you'll be able to see example videos of how it works and their website where you can grab the download link.

SAI is unfortunately not touch-screen compatible so you can't pinch zoom. What you can do is use SAI's super convenient Navigator window, and pop that out and move it wherever is most convenient for you. You can do this by going to the Window tab > Seperate User Interface Panel > Navigator

So yeah. Hope this helps people.

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

114 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 5 of 5

2020-02-04, 14:39 PM

Hi .

Sorry for the late reply as I was out for almost 2 weeks but I'm happy to know that you were able to solve the Issue and Share your solution to our Community.

Regards

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save