06-12-2019

GB

8 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 14

Lenovo Yoga five zero three number keys not working

2019-06-12, 13:36 PM

In the past few days I have noticed that most of the number keys at the top of my keyboard no longer work. Sometimes I have to press the key repeatedly until a number or numbers appear and then, occasionally, I tap the key once and multiple numbers appear at once. This is mainly the keys at either end of the scale, the 5 and 6 keys seems OK.

I haven't got the keyboard wet or dropped the laptop and only had it since January of this year, although it gets used most days. 

Any advice on potential fixes would be greately recieved because this makes it extremely hard to do my work, which involves typing numbers a lot, and to enter passwords online.

Windows ten

Product number: eighty one EK

BIOS: 7QCN38WW

Regards

Options

11744 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7059 Signins

741069 Page Views

• Views: 741069
  • Message 2 of 14

Re: Lenovo Yoga five zero three number keys not working

2019-06-12, 16:39 PM

Hi tmfitness

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You can try the steps shown here to help isolate the issue specially if an external keyboard works ok with the affected keys.

Some keys (letter, number or symbol key) on the keyboard not work- idea laptops/desktops 

Take note :

If failed keys do not work on the command prompt, the issue should be PC hardware issue with high possiblity. Call in technical support for in-warranty coverage.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

7 Posts

06-12-2019

GB

8 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 3 of 14

2019-06-13, 10:24 AM

Hi thanks for replying.

I have tried the onscreen keyboard and the same keys work fine there.

I was unable to follow the other suggestions. The ease of access screen was different and I couldn't follow the instructions. As for command prompt, I don't appear to have that option on my lap top - see attached image.

It seems odd that it's only the numbers one, two, three, seven, eight, nine and zero that don't work. The dash -_ key works fine, for example as do 5 and 6 %^.

I have run a security scan and there doesn't appear to be any threats on the computer, so I can only assume the keyboard itself is faulty, which seems strange given that the device is still relatively new and has not been mis handled in any way. Any further advice would be appreciate - please use layman language, I am no tech geek.

Regards

Options

11744 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7059 Signins

741069 Page Views

• Views: 741069
  • Message 4 of 14

2019-06-13, 13:42 PM

Hi tmfitness,

Greetings.

Would an external USB keyboard be available and work?

Press Win key + R.

Type cmd

Once the black box appear, use those affected keys.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

7 Posts

06-12-2019

GB

8 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 5 of 14

2019-06-13, 13:54 PM

Hi

I borrowed a keyboard and followed your advice. and somehow everything seems to be working now. 1234567890 1234567890 !"£$%^&*()

I don't know what that did but it seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks.

Options

1 Posts

04-17-2020

AU

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 6 of 14

Re:Lenovo Yoga number keys on keyboard work sporadically

2020-04-17, 2:13 AM

HI

A few months ago I started having trouble with only the numbers on my keyboard.  When I am on tablet mode / onscreen keyboard mode - everything works fine.  Sometimes when I hit a number is types it multiple times.  Sometimes it does not type it at all.  Different numbers at different times work or don't work.  Two days ago all the numbers started working and it was great.  I had no idea why???  But today only the 5,6, are working.  I went thru the seven steps on the help page but nothing made it work.  The numbers do not work on notepad.

Please help

Cheers

Tracey

Options

7 Posts

06-12-2019

GB

8 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 7 of 14

Re:Lenovo Yoga five zero three number keys not working

2020-04-17, 6:55 AM

The problem still exists for me too. After believing the problem was fixed, it soon reverted back to the old problem. I did have a brief period late last year where it seemed to fix itself for a few weeks but now the number keys don't work at all. I Have to use either an external keyboard of the onscreen keypad.

Options

1 Posts

07-05-2020

US

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 8 of 14

2020-07-05, 3:51 AM
I am facing the same problem now. Were you able to find any fix for it?
Options

7 Posts

06-12-2019

GB

8 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 9 of 14

2020-07-06, 8:56 AM
No. I use either the onscreen keypad or an external usb one for numbers now.
Options

2 Posts

07-12-2020

AU

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 10 of 14

Re:Lenovo Yoga five zero three number keys not working

2020-07-12, 1:25 AM

Hi everyone,

I seem to have the exact same problem as everyone else posting here. Sometimes my keyboard has its good days, but usually I struggle so much to press on a number and have it show on screen, and when it finally does, multiple of that key come up. It's even more difficult to use the function keys on top of it, which makes it extremely difficult as I need to use the brackets, exclamation mark etc. daily. I have resorted to the virtual keyboard but it's not exactly a solution and makes my typing very slow. 

My laptop is out of warranty, but the issue started occurring while it still was under. I thought it would fix itself but a few months down the track it seems like it has not. Any ideas on what to do? The laptop itself is only a year and a bit old.

Thanks

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete