Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

01-11-2018

Switzerland

15 Signins

118 Page Views

• Views: 118
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Yoga unboxing

2018-05-14, 19:34 PM

Dear Community

I am unboxing Yoga 720 for the second time now and still I am confronted with an unfinished product from the start:

1. Fan Noise is turned on in the bios as per default: can't imagine that this is desired by anyone.

2. Windows and MC Affe bloatware is installed as per default, min 20 min uninstalling all these products and cleaning the registry

3. Lenovo Settings is installed but not working: has to be uninstalled and replaced by lenovo vantage

4. Lenovo vantage is already installed, but cannot be launched, reinstalling from win store is not an option, download gets stuck during install process.

@ Lenovo PM's: I highly recommend you to unbox ans setup one of your products, I promise you will be amazed of the amount of work involved to get it set up only on a reasonable level. Also you might want to consider that not anyone is a power-user.

I was expecting a premium experience for the premium pricepoint, now it turns out that the UX during setup is not even mediocre..thats a pity and does not match the hardware quality in any aspect..

thanks for sharing your intentions for the design chosen

Marco

9 Posts

05-14-2018

Czech Republic

16 Signins

128 Page Views

• Views: 128
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Yoga unboxing

2018-05-14, 20:14 PM

I had same problems, but it resolved automatically. My PC didn't even have OOBE (Out Of the Box Experimence - initial setup), it booted straight into Widnows and launched tool, that allowed me to start OOBE.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms