Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

05-03-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Yoga710-14ISK Camera Issue

2021-05-03, 22:30 PM

I am having the same issue on my Lenovo Yoga710-14ISK. I used to be able to use my camera app but now I can not and it seems to be linked to the latest update. I have been trying to troubleshoot for a year since I am out of warranty but no "solution" works.

All of my video apps (Facebook, skype, zoom etc) all say camera not detected.

I can see easy camera in my apps but it appears to be faded and has the symbol over the image (see attached file).

A few months back upon opening the camera , it would be recognized for a quick second then go dark.  The button to take the picture would appear and it seemed like it was trying to focus but then the screen would quickly go black again. The image of a camera with a line through it would appear again. 

A new development today is now when I attempted to get a screen capture of what I experience with the camera, my computer crashes. It has done this 3 times. The only thing that has changed is I went to the Lenovo website today and downloaded updates for my system.

No light appears next to my camera lens either.

Everything else works great but this is a big deal especially in a time like this it is very frustrating to not be able to have reliable camera on my computer that is only 5 years old.

Options

2350 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

258 Signins

22912 Page Views

• Views: 22912
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:Lenovo Yoga710-14ISK Camera Issue

2021-05-04, 15:30 PM

Hello @ KP013117!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Please try to re-download your Yoga 710 laptop's Camera, BIOS and Chipset drivers.

Once done, restart the device and launch the Camera again then test if it'll work.

Should that didn't worked, load the BIOS settings into defaults by pressing F9 or FN + F9 then highlight/select YES followed by F10 or FN + F10 then highlight/select YES again to save the changes & exit.

You may access BIOS Setup by pressing the Novo button hole that's located in the left-side view of the machine, make sure that it's completely OFF before pressing.

Update us how it goes.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

4 Posts

05-03-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2021-05-06, 1:14 AM

Hello! Thank you for the help. This half worked. I downloaded those items you suggested and now my computer no longer crashes when I go to open the camera. On the other hand, now easy camera doesn't even show up in my device manager. 

I can get into the camera now and I see a little white light on next to the lens but the screen is all black. I can take a picture but nothing happens. I hear the shutter sound but it is just a black box that appears to have been captured or I get an error.

I have tried turning on and off the camera function via the F8 key and nothing works. 

I really appreciate your help as this is the closest I have been to my camera working in almost 10 months.

Options

4 Posts

05-03-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-05-06, 1:42 AM
I also wanted to say that I was able to briefly get the camera to work via Zoom. The light was on and I saw myself on the screen thinking that the issue was solved, I closed it and then went back to the camera app and it was still just a black screen. The light was still on next to the lens though and it seemed like it was recognizing something.
Options

2350 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

258 Signins

22912 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-05-06, 14:02 PM

@ KP013117 wrote:

Hello! Thank you for the help. This half worked. I downloaded those items you suggested and now my computer no longer crashes when I go to open the camera. On the other hand, now easy camera doesn' even show up in my device manager. 

I can get into the camera now and I see a little white light on next to the lens but the screen is all black. I can take a picture but nothing happens. I hear the shutter sound but it is just a black box that appears to have been captured or I get an error.

I have tried turning on and off the camera function via the F8 key and nothing works. 

I really appreciate your help as this is the closest I have been to my camera working in almost 10 months.

Thanks for the update @ KP013117!

Were you able to load the BIOS settings into defaults through the steps that I have given to you?

Also, check your Yoga 710's Privacy settings (Camera, Mic) and make sure that they're set as allowed or enabled so that the machine can use them.

Another thing to do from here is to check if there's an available Windows OS update to the machine and download/install it.

You may also run the Lenovo Diagnostics tool on your machine to check the Camera and to see if there's something wrong with it.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

05-03-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2021-05-12, 15:50 PM

Yes, I have tried the BIOS settings as well. My camera still now can recognize that it is being used but the screen is still black and when I attempt to take a picture i get a time-out error.

I was able to join a meeting with my camera this time but the screen was simply black.

Options

2350 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

258 Signins

22912 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2021-05-12, 20:02 PM

@ KP013117 wrote:

Yes, I have tried the BIOS settings as well. My camera still now can recognize that it is being used but the screen is still black and when I attempt to take a picture i get a time-out error.

I was able to join a meeting with my camera this time but the screen was simply black.

Hello @ KP013117!

Thanks for providing an update!

You may try reverting the device's Windows OS to its latest version to test the Camera again.

Make sure to back up your files to avoid data loss, you may click on this link to see the steps on how it can be done.

However, should you get the same result, it would be advisable to have the machine be brought to any local service providers near your area so that they can inspect the machine and offer further recommendations about it especially if there's a possible hardware concern that may require repairs for it to work again.

Make sure to contact them first to inquire about their store policy when it comes to repairing out of warranty devices.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms