Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
capellac
Paper Tape
Views: 227
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo Yoga730 hinge and Wifi problem

I bought a lenovo Yoga730 13IKB on December 28, 2018. However I had a lot of problems with this laptop. Firstly I had some kind of a hinge problem (i'm gonna share some photos) and also I had wifi problems. Because of that I went to lenovo technical service (2 times).

Firstly, they changed the hinge but the wifi problem kept going because of that I didn't get back the laptop. Then , they said to me we are going to change the wifi module. After the second technical service experience , I got the laptop and I tested it there(in the lenovo technical service). There were still hinge problems and i talked to the technical personel. He told me 'Lenovo can not help you and if you want , you can go to the consumer arbitration committee(in Turkey)'. Before going to the consumer arbitration committee , I just wanted to share this experience because it was the worst experience I've ever had and my problems couldn't be solved. Lenovo was a pretty reliable company for me. However , I could not figure it out and that's why I'm here.

WhatsApp Image 2019-03-24 at 10.29.58.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-03-24 at 10.31.06.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-03-24 at 10.32.02.jpeg

fahad0595
Fanfold Paper
Views: 212
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo Yoga730 hinge and Wifi problem

I'm sorry you have to deal with that luckily I fixed my own wifi problem. If you have a wifi problem like wifi drops - disconnect from the wifi or 0 download speed... it is annoying the fix for it is all I did to delete there bad drivers installed to check the wifi driver open device manager then go to Network adapters. After that, if you saw a drive called Realtek wireless then here is the problem. all you need to do is to install intel wifi driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75174/Intel-Wireless-N-7260 check this link and which windows system you are then download it after that check if the issues are stopped if not !!. Delete the Realtek driver! make sure you installed Intel wireless wifi first !! 

capellac
Paper Tape
Views: 202
Message 3 of 9

My current modem is :

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

they changed the modem but i have a kind of different problem and i'm gonna share it with you :

(This is the closest place to the modem)

Ekran Alıntısı2.PNG

when the distance increases : (for instance , i went to the kitchen )

Ekran Alıntısı3.PNG

My download speed is pretty low when i go somewhere like the kitchen. I could not understand why i have this kind of problem.

Also i compared it with my phone . When i go to the kitchen with my phone , my phone's download speed is still high.

I have both wifi and hinge problems and i just wanted to prove it .

thank you fahad0595 .

fahad0595
Fanfold Paper
Views: 166
Message 4 of 9

looks like the wifi not using the max performance, I think you need to untick allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. 

and check the battery settings plans to get the best performance but more energy drain.

I found another guy who was the same device as you and the same issue but he managed to solve it. 

https://andythrasher.com/2018/09/08/lenovo-yoga-730-13-slow-wifi-fix/ 

he has his Realtek driver for your case is Intel.  

capellac
Paper Tape
Views: 155
Message 5 of 9

Unfortunately , it did not work . before the changing i had already tried it (it has had the same problem) . I tried it again on Intel modem but it did not work . I will share some photos (in the same place).

With my laptop :

Ekran Alıntısı4.PNG

with my phone:

photo5819150258075185029.jpg 

I do not know what i can do in this situation. Probably , i need to apply consumer abitration committee.  I'm really upset about that because Lenovo did not help me.  I have both hinge and wifi problems . They may refund but they did not. 

fahad0595
Fanfold Paper
Views: 147
Message 6 of 9

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Very-slow-wifi-on-yoga-920/td-p/4160032 

they say this device has an awful wifi card .... Lenovo what a shame. i think you should buy wifi card it is really cheap also easy to use and save all the Lenovo hassle 

capellac
Paper Tape
Views: 136
Message 7 of 9

I could not understand because my wifi card has been already changed to Intel (instead of realtek) , i think it should be fixed but my problem is still keeping on . I totally aggre with you " lenovo what a shame " . If they do not refund my money , i will not purchase any kind of lenovo products . I am a computer engineer student and i could not use my laptop for a long time because of the guarantee term(i can not still use it because of the these problems). fahad0595 Thank you so much for helping .

fahad0595
Fanfold Paper
Views: 132
Message 8 of 9

good luck. I understand how annoying this is.. I already bought an expensive gaming laptop with 7 critical issues. i'll never buy any Lenovo products again. I mean I should have known better.. it is made on China 

capellac
Paper Tape
Views: 92
Message 9 of 9

Lenovo 'What a shame' . They did not help me . I just wanted to talk with someone who is working in lenovo as a technical person.

But i could not talk with anyone. They are not helpful , i want to talk with someone on skype . If someone see this message from lenovo ,please try to call me. Eventually , i will not recommend lenovo anyone. I realized that lenovo is not a big company , it is just a kind of small , inconsiderate company. I wish i had not purchased this laptop.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors