Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DannyDevito55
Paper Tape
Views: 1,354
Message 1 of 11

Lenovo c930 pen not connecting

Hello!

Recently I puchased the c930 and can't figure out how to get the pen to work. This is my first time using a lenovo laptop/pc in general. I had mainly planned on using the pen for Sai but it won't even work on windows ink or One Note.

I have tried updating windows and going through my settings (find my pen) but it won't let me change anything. I've found a few forums online but none have helped so far. I have also already replaced the laptop once. This is my second time trying the c930. After this second exchange I got the pen to work but only on the first night almost 2 days ago.

Any advice would be appreciated. If there is any other information needed I am happy to add!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,316
Message 2 of 11

Re: Lenovo c930 pen not connecting

Hi DannyDevito55! Thanks for posting in our community. Let us try connecting the pen to your laptop. Please check this link  https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/options/lenovo_pen_button_config_guide.pdf?Source=social_eservice... then follow the guidelines. Thanks. 

Moderator comment: Link expanded.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

DannyDevito55
Paper Tape
Views: 1,310
Message 3 of 11

Hello!

The guide did not work. Nothing showed up on the list of bluetooth devices (I tried pressing both buttons just in case I was wrong on which one was the top). The computer will occaionally register clicks (the cursor moves) but the times are extremely slow and far in between

Is there anything else I can try? Should I just buy a different pen?

Estornell
Paper Tape
Views: 1,271
Message 4 of 11

I have exactly the same problem. The pen of the Yoga c930 is absolutely ignored by the touch screen and there are no possibility to configure it. Is it a bad design? Or what is wrong in this devide?

Helix729
What's DOS?
Views: 1,231
Message 5 of 11

I'm in the same boat here. I can't even get the pen to connect a first time. There's only the "rocker" button, no "top button." I've downloaded the Wacom driver and updated the lenovo drivers, and nothing has helped. It seems like this pen is closer to the x1 yoga pen pro, but there's no obvious way to add the compatibility to the C930.

Here i was expcting the laptop to include all functionality out of the box.

Helix729
What's DOS?
Views: 1,200
Message 6 of 11

Long story short, I talked to customer support and they were trying to sell me on a $70 software package so that they could remote in to my computer to see what was wrong with a brand new laptop. All to get a stylus that came with a brand new computer to work. 

Really, Lenovo?

mheckert
What's DOS?
Views: 1,008
Message 7 of 11

This isn't the pen that comes with the c930 - there's no button on the back - just a rockeor on r side.

arezae
What's DOS?
Views: 768
Message 8 of 11

I have the same problem. I cannot pair.

Estornell
Paper Tape
Views: 736
Message 9 of 11

Ei, I have the problem solved! After checking pen failure was not because of the installation or software, on November 22 I called technical support in Spain. Two days later a messenger picked up the computer and took him to Getafe (in the industrial zone of Madrid, 300 km away from my home town). After several messages by mail and several kindly cared for phone calls, 21 December -almost like a Christmas gift- I received back my computer, in perfect conditions of use and with the pen working perfectly. According to the attached technical report, I think understand the two elements involved were changed: the USB charging port and the own pencil, all within the warranty support. Bad by Lenovo for having passed this QC failure and well too by Lenovo for having solved the problem, a little slowly, but with efficiency, that it was the most important. Happy new year!

arezae
What's DOS?
Views: 711
Message 10 of 11

After talking to support, she asked me to contact the seller to change the pen. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors