Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

04-05-2012

Canada

14 Signins

118 Page Views

• Views: 118
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo has my money but I have no Y2P

2014-03-12, 21:50 PM

I paid more than $1,000 three weeks ago and there is no end in sight. I have an W520 and an S10, and Yoga tablet. I've used Thinkpads at work for many years. But it seems Lenovo doesn't want me to buy anything from them ever again. Their shipping and customer relations processes are broken.

When companies gets too big and too successful, they trip and fail. Service quality slips. In this case, it's gone abysmal. I'm baffled about how a company that sells computers can have such a poor information management capability. I suppose it's poor management, or ill-designed systems, or maybe it's just a very bad choice of courier. UPS said they tried to deliver the computer three times, but no one came to the door on the day they said they tried. They didn't hold the machine at a pick up location, just shipped it back to the warehouse and told us the package was at customs. 

They did offer a 7% credit, which I accepted, but I'd rather have had the machine arrive a month ago when it was expected as I was placing the order. It was odd that the shipping date slipped as soon as the order had gone in, but I suppose I could have cancelled.

Rant over.

The only way to deal with a system failure like this, when one mistake leads to another, is to find an individual who seems willing to help and be held accountable. I'm hoping an individual with escalation will take some personal action to follow up, find out where my machine is, put the correct shipping address in the system once and for all, and get back to me in a timely fashion.

Losing hope tho.

Options

145 Posts

03-11-2012

dc

3733 Signins

7583 Page Views

• Views: 7583
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo has my money but I have no Y2P

2014-03-13, 2:37 AM
It sounds like most of your issue is with UPS, not Lenovo. How long ago did your machine arrive back at Lenovo...if they have had it for a while and can't resend it, that would be annoying. How do you know the shipping address was incorrect, were you able to verify that with UPS?

Where I live, service by both UPS and FedEx is terrible so it would not matter which carrier Lenovo chose when they shipped something to me. I know people in other cities where their regular UPS driver stops in to chat and always has a treat for the dog.
Options

9 Posts

04-05-2012

Canada

14 Signins

118 Page Views

• Views: 118
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo has my money but I have no Y2P

2014-03-14, 12:02 PM

There is some truth to your point about UPS. The tracking record is a mess and their process failed at numerous steps. But Lenovo is responsible for the whole process and has also failed in its own processes a number of times on this one.

The machine was supposedly returned to the MIssissauga warehouse where it has been stuck for at least a week.

Three Lenovo agents have promised action but there has been none. Their system has no accoutability mechanism and clients have no recourse.

A bit of background is that I was out of the country while this was supposed to be shipped to my son's address. UPS said they tried to deliver there but they failed. I'm back at home now, five hours away from my son's home, and am trying to get the shipping address changed. Simple? Nope. Lenovo doesn't seem to be able to handle this.

I put altered shipping instructions in writing to them. I called them to give the a new address and get the agent to read it back to me. Yet when I escalated this a couple of days ago, they  still had the wrong address on file.

The guy told me he'd have the issue resolved by the end of the day or the next. That window has passed. Empty promises, no accountability, lack of follow up, system failure, and general incompetence. This is my experience with Lenovo's service in North America. I expect there are many many people who have no problems at all but, if this were a car, I'd say the service is a lemon.

Maybe if I send letters to some of the Lenovo Vice Presidents, would that help?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms