10-08-2019

US

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Yoga 730 keyboard not working

2019-11-19, 19:27 PM

Hi!  I bought a Lenovo yoga 730 laptop about a month ago.  Within the first couple of weeks I was having issues with the five and six keys not working.  I took it back to the store to have it checked out and they said it was a Windows 10 issue.  We reinstalled the driver and turned off some services and it worked fine for about 2 weeks, getting me past the return window, and now it's doing it again, along with a couple new keys as well.  It's super annoying and it looks like it is a common problem, but I can't find a solution that works long term.  Is there anything I can try?  The computer is barely a month old.  Thanks for the help!

MOD: Added model to title

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

114 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Yoga 730 keyboard not working

2019-11-19, 21:55 PM

Hi ,

Welcome to the Community,

Most of the times its the drivers that get affected either a windows update or gets corrupted by other factors, But we can reinstall the original driver easily like what you did that solved the issue. The thing is, once a windows update installs then updated drivers will be included as well and those drivers may not be applicable to your device hence a part of the computer goes haywire. 

Reinstall the Keyboard driver again as you've done before then follow the steps below.

For us to stop this from happening we need to stop Windows from automatically updating the drivers.

Uninstall the Keyboard driver first and then follow the steps below to stop automatic driver updates. 

1. Open your file explorer and right click where it says This PC and choose Properties.

2. Select Advance System Settings.

3. Select hardware.

4. Click device Installation Settings and select no, Then restart the device

q.PNG

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

10-08-2019

US

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 3 of 7

2019-11-21, 4:28 AM

Thank you!  This seems to have worked for now. There are still a few keys that don't work.  But they are at least ones I don't use as often.  Just to be sure, can you point me to the correct version of the driver I should be using for my Lenovo Yoga 730 151KB.

Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

114 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 4 of 7

2019-11-21, 13:20 PM

Hi ,

Glad to be of help,

You can get the Keyboard driver at https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-730-15ikb/downloads/driver-list, you need to enter your serial number so it will be specific to the model that you have. All the information related to your laptop will be here like the Documentations and Drivers and Software. 

Cheers :)

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

03-19-2020

US

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 5 of 7

Re:Lenovo Yoga 730 keyboard not working

2020-03-19, 13:54 PM

I have the same problem though my laptop is a year old. The Lenovo service center recommended to do a recovery of the Windows OS which is not practically possible for me.

I have tried looking at the link provided above, but there is no driver for Keyboard available in the link. When I look for keyboard, it only shows driver for Windows Pen.

Can you also advise me which driver was installed and what services were stopped to make it work ???

Options

1 Posts

06-03-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 6 of 7

2020-06-03, 15:11 PM

Greetings support. 

I thank you for responding the the keyboard issue we are having but the keyboard driver is not available when the serial number is used. Only the active pen driver is there. I have the same issue and being a bit tech savy i had already gone through all these steps but cannot find the driver. I contacted tech support and after all the troubleshooting, I was advised to return the laptop to a service center which is not possible right at this moment. I was also told that I contacted technical support and they only deal with hardware issues and this issue is not hardware so the warranty doesnt cover it. I was then refered to software support which is a premium service. I find this to be so ridiculous for just a keyboard driver.  The keyboard works with another operating system but not in windows 10. Please advise where we can find the drivers. I personally think its the duty of Lenovo to have all drivers available for download just like everything else.

Thank you for your overstanding in this matter. I look forward to a solution.

Chris

Options

1 Posts

07-13-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 7 of 7

2020-07-13, 15:42 PM

Has Lenovo found a solution for this? The keyboard in my case has issues with the E, U, 6, J, H, N, and Y keys. Sometimes they will work, but usually not. Plugging in a USB keyboard is the only workaround. I've tried uninstalling the driver from Device Manager, restarting the computer, running system updates through Lenovo Vantage, but none of these solve the issue. When reaching out to support, I get "take it to a certified Lenovo technician" - this problem has been persisting prior to the 1 year warranty going void (less than a month ago), but this seems to be a software issue or a hardware defect judging by the others with the same symptoms. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete