01-13-2021

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo laptop died after a year

2021-01-13, 21:09 PM

I have a Lenovo Yoga. I have never taken it anywhere, and keep it on a cooling pad.

Last week it refused to start. The repair shop (Mad City Techs in Madison WI) says the motherboard died. The computer is ruined.

I am out nearly 1000 dollars for a computer that barely lasted a year - just a little longer than the warranty.

Thanks Lenovo, for putting out a quality product, and for standing behind it.  

Matt

Options

1 Posts

03-26-2020

US

5 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo laptop died after a year

2021-01-14, 6:51 AM

Interestingly my Yoga 730 laptop died same way (power button doesn't work) just after a week after 1 year warranty expired. The same laptop had issues with the key board 3months after I received from Lenovo, and tried to work out till it completely failed to work. I send to Lenovo in June 2020 they fixed it but didn't document what part failed. Upon calling Lenovo the technician said the team changed motherboard.

On Jan 9, 2021 the power button failed to work after rework was done in June 2020 a week after I registered my laptop. I took laptop to Computer Care licensed repair shop of Lenovo, and their diagnostic found dead mother board, and gave an estimate of $1200 (Mother board by Lenovo itself $982). If I account techician June 2020 comment that mother board was changed, then it is the second faulty mother board within a year.

Unfortunately Lenovo is NOT standing on Quality of their product, but more persistent to follow policy not to entertain rework, though their rework could have caused the issue.

Mother board should be treated as Transmission system of car with longer warranty by all manufacturers.

I called Technical Support 855-253-6686 on Jan 13, 2021, and offered to buy extended warrant and . Interestingly it was Thinkpad support line made by IBM, and US technical support told Lenovo has a policy of grace period to buy extended warranty. She forwarded to Yoga technical support, where as Yoga made by Lenovo doesn't have grace period, so it speaks lower quality of Yoga, though both brands are Lenovo. 

Hope this message goes to Lenovo management, and Lenovo should stand by their Quality and NOT policies, and replace faulty mother boards by offering extended service.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms