Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greak
Paper Tape
Views: 179
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo laptop doesnt properly power up

Ok, so my laptop is a Lenovo Yoga 3 pro. Might also be a Lenovo yoga 3, but I think it is the pro edition.

So I was powering up my laptop, and noticed it was on 1% power. So naturally I went to get the charger. I was about to plug it in when it shut down. Now I plug in the charger and let it charge for a few minutes and try to turn it on. It doesnt turn on. The charging light works properly and show it is charging. The light on the power switch turns on when I click it, and turn off if I hold it down for 15 sec. However the screen remains pitch black and I do not see any other signs it is actually on.

Anyone have any idea for a fix?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 143
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo laptop doesnt properly power up

Hi Greak,

Welcome to our community forums.

We'd like to know if there are any changes/updates prior to this issue? Have you tried to charge the laptop for an hour or two? Could you try to do a power drain by removing all connected devices (AC adapter, USB flash drive, etc.), shut it down and hold down the power button for 60 seconds. Turn it back on after a few minutes and observe. Let us know how it goes.

Regards!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Greak
Paper Tape
Views: 128
Message 3 of 4

Removed the bottom panel. Disconnect battery, SSD and ac adapter(power plug) in that order. Connecting the battery and then holding the power button down for 60 seconds. First after a few ones it turn itself on, but with same problem. Then after a few more it turn itself back off. I continue holding it for about 45 more seconds. Nothing happens. I try turning it on now with just a simple click. The motherboard blinks, it didnt do that earlier, then the screen comes up with an error. An eror message saying no storage space or something like that.

I turn it back off, disconnect battery, connect everything. Then turn it back on. IT WORKS!?Powers up normally and ask for login.

Dunno what you made me do but it worked flawlessly, at least for now, thank you Smiley Happy

Greak
Paper Tape
Views: 124
Message 4 of 4

Btw, yeah. I tried charging it a while and made no difference. The laptop was fully charged when I did this. Probably doesn't matter tho.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors