Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xEno1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 215
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo y500 keyboard not working

The keyboard of my lenovo y500, wich i bought in 2016, seems to have stopped working completely. The keyboard works just fine in the bios, but doesn't even light up in windows. Also, when changing mode (for example tablet to tent mode) the computer seems to randomly type the character "b" multiple times. I have tried  uninstalling the drivers, disabling the always on usb option in the bios, and even starting windows in safe mode, but nothing is fixing the problem. I really need the computer right now, so i need a working solution as soon as possible.

Thanks for your attention. I’m looking forward to your reply.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 173
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo y500 keyboard not working

Hi xEno1,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Have you tried the on-screen keyboard to see if it will works properly? You've also mentioned that the keyboard works perfectly while in the BIOS. The last option that we can try is to perform a factory reset on your laptop to isolate the issue. If you're not ready yet to perform a factory reset you may try to use an External USB keyboard to finish your work and once done try to reset the laptop.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

xEno1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 144
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your answer! I've actually tried to do a system reset, but it failed. The on-screen keyboard seems to work just fine, so i'm using that right now, but i really want the actual physical keyboard to work, because a lot of programs don't work that well using the on-screen one. I don't really want to do a factory reset to my computer right now, as i have a lot of important files and software i want to keep. I think i'm just gonna take my computer to the local computer repair and see if the issue gets resolved there. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 141
Message 4 of 4

If your desktop (not Tablet) gets stuck in "Tablet" mode, go to Windows Search bar and type in "Tablet".

System/Tablet Mode will appear. Make sure Tablet Mode is "Off"

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors